Horford to Celtics - 4 years, $113 million

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
While many of us were hoping for a Billy D Horford reunion, Al to Boston is a good situation. Plus Horford vs Noah in the same division now and on rival teams. I wonder if OKC even tried hard for Horford and does this mean Durant may be gone from OKC?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can't blame him for taking the money. As a fan I was hoping he would go to a contender but I can't say wouldn't take the money over playing for championships.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good for these past Gators... who says you can't make a lotta money living 'pretty clean'

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The article said Boston had room for another max deal and they were going after Durant.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The article said Boston had room for another max deal and they were going after Durant.
I think if OKC could've landed Horford that Durrant would've stayed for one year. Now, I have no idea what he does.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He's making about 40 mil more than Noah. Noah needs to hire his agent. I've always thot Noah was the most valuable of the 3 greats on the UF team. Boy, what a team.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All right - Horford shipping up to Boston. I like it. Still room for another max deal, in case anyone is interested...not getting my hopes up though. This is literally the biggest free agent signing Boston has had...ever. You think I'm kidding, look up their FA history. It's a mess. Free agents NEVER come to Boston, so this is huge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All right - Horford shipping up to Boston. I like it. Still room for another max deal, in case anyone is interested...not getting my hopes up though. This is literally the biggest free agent signing Boston has had...ever. You think I'm kidding, look up their FA history. It's a mess. Free agents NEVER come to Boston, so this is huge.
Garnett?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Bulls say they want to get younger, but giving up Rose and Noah toward that end? I know, Rose is a China doll, but he went into the offseason with no injury rehab for the first time in five years. He could have a huge season. Those two will make the Knicks instant contenders.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And Ray Allen.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Allen and Garnett were both trades. Not free agent signings.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allen and Garnett were both trades. Not free agent signings.

ac1b2e05b9b1d1c122aac3f986d3ad83c3cdc43443b8dcb884967bbd5f177d34.jpg

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Noah has been hurt more recently than Horford which is why I think Horford got a max deal and Noah did not. Beal needs to show he can play a year not hurt, but I guess his youth helped him get a max deal. Parsons too has had injuries, but still got a max deal.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok my sarcasm meter must be off. I blame the holidays. Can't tell if this was tongue in cheek or not. Anyway...

Ray allen was traded to Boston by Seattle for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak and Jeff green.

Kevin Garnett was traded to Boston by Minnesota for Al Jefferson, Gerald green, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, two 2009 1st round draft picks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok my sarcasm meter must be off. I blame the holidays. Can't tell if this was tongue in cheek or not. Anyway...

Ray allen was traded to Boston by Seattle for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak and Jeff green.

Kevin Garnett was traded to Boston by Minnesota for Al Jefferson, Gerald green, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, two 2009 1st round draft picks.

Nope. I really didn't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator