Houston ends Louisville's title hopes!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Pretty much every soccer player in the world not named Ronaldo.

I hear this guy is pretty good.
Lionel-Messi-3-480x270.jpg

We are talking about people who actually do something in society; not athletes who play a game.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
We are talking about people who actually do something in society; not athletes who play a game.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your thing. The conversation started:

"On a side note, with regards to Lamar Jackson, name all the starting QBs (NFL or college) with lower-arm tatoos that have ever accomplished anything of real note"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No thanks, he's another guy like Roper and Pease, the head coach is the real offense.
Applewhite? Wow. We are at the point of drooling for Shulas old OC at Bammer who also got himself demoted at Texass?

He was on Chimp's shortlist. That says it all.
He was a top choice for Mac too.

I dont know how some of these guys get declared to be Coordinators for life despite having little to nothing positive on their resume other than nailing interns and students.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You're a little judgemental, there. That's innate racism. There's no tangible evidence to accurately support your claim, but you present it in a fashion that implies it's factual. If guys with lower arm tattoos fail, it's because they just weren't any good or in a bad situation. I'm sure you're a smart person. From what I see, most of the ones without lower arm tats are bums too. This is why black people, in general, struggle in this society. Let his play stand for itself. Don't try to pigeon-hole the guy based on your skewed opinions. He didn't play well. Denigrate him for that. There's plenty of successful people, of all races, with lower arm tattoos. Hopefully I'm not disrespecting you by informing you of this. I'm not trying to call you a racist. I don't know you. But you're being very insensitive with your remarks.

I'll never take anything personal here, so don't sweat that. You are correct that I'm being judgmental. That's kind of what message boards are about(Del Rio sucks, bad hire, etc.). The rest of your post, however, is seriously flawed. For starters, I was under the impression that white people were allowed to get tattoos as well. So any mention of race being a factor here is beyond absurd. No offense to you, but th fact that your mind immediately goes there significantly skews the rest of your post.

In terms of the factual evidence that you request, my opening question was an opportunity to provide names of QBs with lower arm tats that have ever won a championship. Football has been around a long time.Tattoos have been around a long time. There has been ample time for it to have occurred. And it may have that I'm not aware of, and may in the future, just ftr. But the fact that there were no immediate example thrown out lends credibility to my theory.

As for Jackson himself, he'll likely be just fine and make a ton of money in his career. I never suggested otherwise, nor do I recall denigrating him as you say. I referenced his attitude/leadership on the sidelines and those too are indisputable. They do not look like the qualities of someone who was going to lead his team to a championship. Never did I see Wuerfel, Tebow, Leak or any other NC/SB winning QB exhibit that type of behavior. Again, not debatable.

I don't care if people get tattoos and this was never railing against any who do. I threw out a theory, supported it with facts, provided an example and encouraged discussion. If any of this offended some here, I apologize.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
How many lower arm tattoo people do you know that are successful?

My brother and his wife. He's a middle school teacher and she's a successful wedding photographer. They do exist.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys need some type of reminder that we live in the 2010's now, not the 1950's.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What about a lipstick tattoo on your neck?

usa-today-9596490.0.jpg

Alex.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Vintage Petrino. Good coach but also very inconsistent throughout a season.

On a side note, with regards to Lamar Jackson, name all the starting QBs (NFL or college) with lower-arm tatoos that have ever accomplished anything of real note. It's an indication of poor judgement, attitude and foresight, which will inevitably catch up to them. LJ was anything but a leader in that second half and it showed. Other positions can have that. The QB position simply cannot.

Excellent insight

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pretty much every soccer player in the world not named Ronaldo.

I hear this guy is pretty good.
Lionel-Messi-3-480x270.jpg
And yet has failed to lead Argentina to any Major competition championships, but arguably best player in the world.
And pk choke in copa America

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Louisville gained way too much credit for clobbering an average FSU team.
They had no business being in the top ten especially if you really look at their schedule so far.
I am glad that a fraud program has been removed from playoff contention

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll never take anything personal here, so don't sweat that. You are correct that I'm being judgmental. That's kind of what message boards are about(Del Rio sucks, bad hire, etc.). The rest of your post, however, is seriously flawed. For starters, I was under the impression that white people were allowed to get tattoos as well. So any mention of race being a factor here is beyond absurd. No offense to you, but th fact that your mind immediately goes there significantly skews the rest of your post.

In terms of the factual evidence that you request, my opening question was an opportunity to provide names of QBs with lower arm tats that have ever won a championship. Football has been around a long time.Tattoos have been around a long time. There has been ample time for it to have occurred. And it may have that I'm not aware of, and may in the future, just ftr. But the fact that there were no immediate example thrown out lends credibility to my theory.

As for Jackson himself, he'll likely be just fine and make a ton of money in his career. I never suggested otherwise, nor do I recall denigrating him as you say. I referenced his attitude/leadership on the sidelines and those too are indisputable. They do not look like the qualities of someone who was going to lead his team to a championship. Never did I see Wuerfel, Tebow, Leak or any other NC/SB winning QB exhibit that type of behavior. Again, not debatable.

I don't care if people get tattoos and this was never railing against any who do. I threw out a theory, supported it with facts, provided an example and encouraged discussion. If any of this offended some here, I apologize.

SoFla, this is the new racism. That is, people can label anything racist and can claim to be offended about anything mentioned. As you pointed out, the receiver is the person that attaches race to the discussion and therefore creates their own offensive mindset.
What an emotional struggle it must be to live with a chip on your shoulder

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ACC makes way for 2 Big 10 teams to get into the playoff now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator