Houston's DC

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We used to hire little league DCs (like from USF) to be our position coaches.

I know, I know.... it's better to have 2-3 stars and fly under the radar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: we were too cheap to hire fiu's dc so we hired Mississippi state's dc
Who was being fired. I wish I could fined The Mullett's rant about the defense after they got destroyed in his last game out cowbell, but Mullett's rant after Sideways Hat quit first seems to fill up all the youtube responses.

Mississippi State Head Coach Dan Mullen

On the game…
“There is plenty of blame to go around. To give up as many big plays as we gave up today is unacceptable. I think we gave up over 20 yards per play. That is pathetic. That is just an awful job by our defense. Not a great job on offense. ...Obviously, one of the things you look at statistically, is that you cannot give up over 500 yards over 60 plays. You are never going to win if you do that.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ippi-state-defensive-staff-egg-bowl/19691419/

Of course, the next news after Mullen going psycho on his defensive coaches in the lockerrom is that we are hiring that moron Sidehat.

YAY MR PREVENT DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, Sidehat only had 3 stars at Cowbell. :lmao2:

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hopeful he has learned his lessons by now, but my experience has been that guys like Zook, Mushchimp, and Sidehat never learn from experience.

You're quite right though, I wouldn't have been happy with us hiring a DC from FIU. UF doesn't hire coaches from the Sunbelt. We should find guys who are doing well in the Power 5 and hire one of the best. Its not like the Miss States and Louisvilles of the world have more money than us. Torrian Gray is who we should be hiring, not that Kirk Callahans.

Guys at FIU, if they do well, get promoted to USA or whatever they call the Big East now, not to the SEC. He should be in the market for these guys only after they have proven themselves at a Houston or similar.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Ive earned every one of those 104 dislikes.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't we get one of the best coaches and recruiters on our staff from FIU?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't we get one of the best coaches and recruiters on our staff from FIU?
Nope. You think he is just because he isn't Callahan or Nord. Receiver play is still pretty disastrous, poor routes are the rule. Spurrier wouldn't have had him as a GA.

Maybe some day we can hire a receiver coach who is actually a receiver coach. Unfortunately, it isn't like anyone is going to hire any of these guys away from us.

Last edited:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Herman kisses every one of his players before each game. I'm not kidding. Every one.

Amazing what the game of football has become. o_O

kissingcougars.0.gif

Did I see tongue?

At least twice.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Nope. You think he is just because he isn't Callahan or Nord. Receiver play is still pretty disastrous, poor routes are the rule.

Maybe some day we can hire a receiver coach who is actually a receiver coach. Unfortunately, it isn't like anyone is going to hire any of these guys away from us.

He's produced Callaway and Powell (who was a RB) so far. He recruited a top 3 WR class in the conference (arguably the country) in his first cycle with Green committed right now. WR is actually a position of strength for the first time in almost 10 years. So what would satisfy you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what would satisfy you?
For us to hire a Torrian Gray level WR coach. And to see wrs running crisp routes instead seeing poor foot and hip work and patterns that are best described as floating in the area (Worton's interception being the prime example).

Maybe he'd be better if he moved back to RBs. I don't know. WR isn't a strenght, but it isn't as pathetic, I will give you that. However, no time in the last 15 years have we had decent receiver play. I'm not sure some of you know what it is. Nafis Karim would be the best receiver and route runner on the team if he had played any time in the last 15 year.

Out of the four directional school coaches we hired, you only even bother to argue that one is successful. I doubt that ANYONE would disagree that Nord and Callahan were clear disasters. This shows that we shouldn't be hiring directional school coaches. WE ARE UF.

Last edited:

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
For us to hire a Torrian Gray level WR coach. And to see wrs running crisp routes instead seeing poor foot and hip work and patterns that are best described as floating in the area (Worton's interception being the prime example).

Maybe he'd be better if he moved back to RBs. I don't know. WR isn't a strenght, but it isn't as pathetic, I will give you that. However, no time in the last 15 years have we had decent receiver play. I'm not sure some of you know what it is. Nafis Karim would be the best receiver and route runner on the team if he had played any time in the last 15 year.

If you call having Percy Harvin, Dallas Baker, Bubba Caldwell, Louis Murphy, Jemalle Cornelius, and Riley Cooper on the same roster "not decent" WR play then there is obviously no hope for this group and coach so no need to try to persuade you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you call having Percy Harvin, Dallas Baker, Bubba Caldwell, Louis Murphy, Jemalle Cornelius, and Riley Cooper on the same roster "not decent" WR play then there is obviously no hope for this group and coach so no need to try to persuade you.
Very talented group, probably one of the most talented receiver groups ever anywhere on any team, but poor receivers at UF. Every single one of them, including Percy, got a "bad route running" assessment by pro scouts. It's not just me, man. Piss poor coaching.

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's doing good where he is, needs a little more seasoning to be able to grill with the big boys

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.