Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
NavetG8r;n8356 said:
I might be the only other one that's been around since Zook? On GSMB I mean. That's a damn good question too. I think I'll make a new thread in the Lounge and see if people will step up and tell just how long they've been with us.

Negative.
Negative x2 and I know there are plenty more who have been around since Zook was fired the first time.

I don't even remember when the GSMB opened up. It crashed regularly and often times and people lost user names at times. I was always Law98 since 95 or 96.

I remember gradually migrating from the first "forum" that I found, Swampy's Rumormill which appeared in the early 90s. I think there were some "alt.rec" list servers too before that. There are definitely some people who have been around longer than me on GSMB and that I recognize from Swampy's... though I swear the RHFactor we have on GSMB is not the one from Swampy's.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8356 said:
I might be the only other one that's been around since Zook? On GSMB I mean. That's a damn good question too. I think I'll make a new thread in the Lounge and see if people will step up and tell just how long they've been with us.

Been around since 98 or 99. Spurdog was still coaching. ESPN had a live chat for awhile. That went away so many posters went to the Rome board then dispersed from there. I am probably one of the longest posters still around from GSMB.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, thanks Ox for this. There is something about the people on this board that make the conversations interesting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
And thanks Ox for doing this...
You can repay me by getting an avatar. I hate that blank picture.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Yes, thanks Ox for this. There is something about the people on this board that make the conversations interesting.
Gotta agree. That's how we already have 232 registered members in two weeks in the offseason. People are loyal to their group.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
We're gluttons for punishment...tyrant.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
I signed up 73 of my aliases

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Hello Everyone,

I have lurked on GSMB ever since Ron Zook was at the helm. I am entering my sophomore year at UF, studying Chemical Engineering. I heard about this place on Gator Country's thread about the closing of GSMB. I am excited to finally join the conversation!
:chomp:Go Gators!!
you left out pissy-ass bitch hore

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We're starting to get an influx of new members, and I'd really like to know how they found us. We have 25 new members in the last three weeks.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Went to Gatorsports, saw the BS announcement closing the GSMB, went to their FB page, saw someone posting links to this forum in the comment columns when people complained about the missing forum, clicked on the link, signed up and made a financial contribution in support.

G8rbob

Jul 6, 2014
Googled Gatorsports.com and read a few of the topic headers and made it here. That lady at Halifax corp or whatever has no sense of humor. I thought the emails were pretty funny.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Visited GSMB for a long time. Found this site on another board after GSMB was shut down.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hooker's tramp stamp
t1516.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard to all the new folks! Glad you finally found us here and it should get crazy once the season starts. :brad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.