How long til he is broke? Percy Harvin is retiring

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I knew my friend because she was a close friends little sister, and she gave me a tour of the facilities in 2008 where I reconnected with a few other people I had known in the past and met the lady who worked in her office. Then I hear the story of how she was treat through a few people, and the story was always consistent.
Was your sister in Gainesville? I may have actually met her.

Yeah, Percy just treated her like an employee rather than a gf. I think she got emotionally damaged by him. Over the couple years I knew her, you could see the difference in her.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was your sister in Gainesville? I may have actually met her.

Yeah, Percy just treated her like an employee rather than a gf. I think she got emotionally damaged by him. Over the couple years I knew her, you could see the difference in her.

Buddy's sister. I'm from the Gainesville area, and moved away. You might have she worked there for a couple of years.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Buddy's sister. I'm from the Gainesville area, and moved away. You might have she worked there for a couple of years.
Nah, the only friends I remember from her, weren't local. But I knew she was pretty popular. I used to hang out with her and her best friend from college. As for Percy's gf, I heard she moved back home and got her crap together.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nah, the only friends I remember from her, weren't local. But I knew she was pretty popular. I used to hang out with her and her best friend from college. As for Percy's gf, I heard she moved back home and got her crap together.

Good for her.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Percy was one of the greatest to play for the Gators. I know he may not have been the best of guys off the field, but he was amazing on it and helped us to two national championships.

I don't know how he treated his GF, but if a guy is treating you like crap... you can get out of that situation. Hopefully she is doing great now.

Wish him the best.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He was 2nd the most dangerous player I've ever seen in Orange and Blue, next to Wes Chandler. He was tough as nails and laid it on the line for the Gators every time he suited up. I'm glad to have watched him play in the Swamp despite his issues. I wish him well.
Probably the best athlete ever to wear the Orange and Blue. Absolutely amazing. If he played for SOS or Urb he might win a Heisman. High character guy, too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Percy was one of the greatest to play for the Gators. I know he may not have been the best of guys off the field, but he was amazing on it and helped us to two national championships.

I don't know how he treated his GF, but if a guy is treating you like crap... you can get out of that situation. Hopefully she is doing great now.

Wish him the best.

Couldn't have said it any better. There's no question, based on the numerous stories from HS to college to several organizations in the pros, that he has some character issues. And I don't have much confidence that he'll have a solid rest of his life. But I'd still take him on my team any day and am glad he chose to be a Gator. Not only are there the obvious cases(Hernandez, Joiner, etc) of much worse, there are plenty of really bad guys who are glorified by the fans and considered legends in Gville, despite being complete garbage/trainwreck human beings.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Would still want him on my team, by far not the worse guy to wear the the O&B. Not even the worst non-reported guy. He was the difference in two championship runs. He was dynamic with the ball in his hand, and one of the most dynamic college players of all time. Didn't have the body to hold up to play the way he plays in the Pros.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not understanding the Percy hate by some of you guys. Because he smokes pot and may have been a player in college?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not understanding the Percy hate by some of you guys. Because he smokes pot and may have been a player in college?

No hate from me... love the player, and just understand the person who that player wasn't the best person.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Championship play in a championship game. Percy Harvin -- even then name had some swag.

I watched that game surrounded by Arkansas fans. When that play happened one of them went up to me and said, "Pretty lucky for him to score on a broken play." With a smile I informed him that is was a simple counter play that had been run several times before. Used the replay as an example to point out to him that the guard and fullback pulled to the right to block for him. I don't know why that was so satisfying. I guess it was because most of those Arkansas fans were being annoying jerks during the entire game.

Anyways, Percy was one of the most entertaining football players in Gator football history. I hope he'll get his stuff together and will have a successful life outside of football.

Jun 2, 2015
The average career of an NFL player is 4.5 years and the pension kicks in after 3 full years and pays at age 55. The pension increases each year beyond 3. Statistics are that 80% of retired NFL players are broke after 3 years of retirement Warren Sapp is a prime example in that he squandered millions with no thought whatsoever of the future. He and Percy Harvin are lacking in one of the biggest assets in life and that is being able to get along with others and having good "people skills"; thus, outside of football where their natural skills shinned, and they were catered to by family, coaches, fans, they generally have a hard time adjusting.

If the reports about Harvin grabbing a UF coach by the neck and slamming him to the ground are true, Urban Meyer did not do him any favors by failure to punish. He should have lost his scholarship, kicked out of school and the coach should have filled charges.
But, again, there are a lot of cover-ups of high profile players at all schools.

I recently read about a player (can't remember what team) that he and his wife (no children) live off of $60,000. year and he invests the rest. I believe the lowest paid player gets somewhere around $400,000. Smart man. He knows he only has a few years to amass monies for investment/retirement.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One of the most amazing playmakers I've ever seen. Him and Tebow together were simply unstoppable.

Jun 2, 2015
I googled and found that the player's name is Ryan Broyles, WR for Detroit. In 2012, he signed a contract worth 3.68M which broken down is $919,125./year He immediately met with a financial advisor and drafted a budget and an investment portfolio. Thus, he invests $859,125./year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's not like he killed anybody.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

This is the one I remember. Futilely grabbing at air.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Percy was a freaking beast. Until they vastly reform the game of college football, all the haters out there who are bashing Percy better know that a huge set of the players you're cheering every week are no better than he is. Its the nature of the beast that is CFB, and no one wants to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator