How we clinch the SEC East

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
1. We beat UGA and Vandy loses 1 more conference game (preferably to us).

It's that simple. Of course, the simplest can be the most complicated (that's my tribute to Yogi Berra).

Name and town if you wish to opine.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Win out. More than likely to happen.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since TN and KY lost last night, I thought we just had to beat UGA and we in SEC Champ game.??

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How we clinch a playoff berth, win out, beat the West divisional representative, a one loss SEC Champ is a shoe-in.

With 7 games under their belt, and a bye week, this staff is really going to be able to put more pieces of the puzzle together to finish out the year strong. We won't be favored in Atlanta, but other than Bama's lines, I don't see a west team that we can't handle, LSU at night in Death Valley, and that game was winnable, neutral field, Mac not falling for trick plays, those tigers will become pussies (no offense Hogtown) cats.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n302338 said:
How we clinch a playoff berth, win out, beat the West divisional representative, a one loss SEC Champ is a shoe-in.

With 7 games under their belt, and a bye week, this staff is really going to be able to put more pieces of the puzzle together to finish out the year strong. We won't be favored in Atlanta, but other than Bama's lines, I don't see a west team that we can't handle, LSU at night in Death Valley, and that game was winnable, neutral field, Mac not falling for trick plays, those tigers will become pussies (no offense Hogtown) cats.

This would be a beautiful scenario Carib, but my confidence in the team's ability to compete at a championship level without Grier took a huge hit in the LSU game when Treon came out and was basically the same Treon we saw last year. No improvement at all that I could tell. Still refuses to stay in the pocket and go through his reads, and still prone to hot and cold streaks.

Assuming Grier becomes eligible again at some point before he is old enough to go pro, he is the Gators championship future. Not Treon. I believe Treon can get us to the SECCG. But I don't have much confidence of him getting us through it with a win. We should get a nice match-up for a decent BCS bowl though. So that's a step in the right direction for the Gator football program.
:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n302347 said:
Only for you my friend!
It's not that I wouldn't LIKE him back. It's that I'm aware he isn't coming back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep this Georgia game is going to determine whether we have a good season and make the SECCG game most likely. A loss here and a 9-3 season without an SEC East win would be a big disappointment after the start we had.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator Fever;302377 said:
Yep this Georgia game is going to determine whether we have a good season and make the SECCG game most likely. A loss here and a 9-3 season without an SEC East win would be a big disappointment after the start we had.

9-3 w/o SEC East title would be a good season compared to the past three years, and it leaves room to grow. We win out in Mac's first year and we will face 12-0 seasons that aren't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n302300 said:

It's that simple. Of course, the simplest can be the most complicated (that's my tribute to Yogi Berra).

Awesome but who woulda ever thought Vandy would be part of the equation?????

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n302434 said:
Awesome but who woulda ever thought Vandy would be part of the equation?????

They aren't. They simply haven't played enough conference games to eliminate themselves yet. Yesterday was their first SEC win under what's his name.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We run the table. Corndogs run the table. We beat Corndogs in Atlanta. Both us and Corndogs with one loss make the top four.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
QueenCityGator;n302300 said:

We actually don't even need Vandy to lose another conference game. In theory, if we beat Georgia and USC, we could still lose to Vandy and clinch the East as a 2 loss conference team. In reality, I would say if we beat UGA we clinch it because Vandy is already a 3 loss SEC team and even if they beat us, 1) I don't think we will lose to USC and 2) even if we beat UGA but lose to USC and Vandy, I don't think Vandy will win out their conference schedule to remain a 3 loss team with the head to head tiebreaker over us. If we lose to UGA and beat USC and Vandy, all we need is for UGA to lose to either Kentucky or Auburn and we would still win the East as a 2 loss team. I think it's safe to say we would all like to just take care of business this weekend and not leave our fate in the hands of another team, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.