Hulkster awarded 115 big boys

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hulk is a POS. His son is a murderer. He'll be worm food soon enough from steroid abuse.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
The bottom line is that Hulk got to have his cake and eat it too. The sex tape helped restore his flagging career and he exploited it to the maximum extent possible. It was Hulk more than Gawker who benefited financially from its publication. And his ability to create a convincing and completely different "Terry Bollea" persona to the jury makes him the actor of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Bubba the Love Sponge told different stories as to whether Hulk knew of the recording. But the Hulk friendly judge excluded him from even appearing and taking the fifth amendment. A lot of information was excluded from the jury.

That said, Gawker was not a sympathetic defendant.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bottom line is that Hulk got to have his cake and eat it too. The sex tape helped restore his flagging career and he exploited it to the maximum extent possible. It was Hulk more than Gawker who benefited financially from its publication. And his ability to create a convincing and completely different "Terry Bollea" persona to the jury makes him the actor of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Bubba the Love Sponge told different stories as to whether Hulk knew of the recording. But the Hulk friendly judge excluded him from even appearing and taking the fifth amendment. A lot of information was excluded from the jury.

That said, Gawker was not a sympathetic defendant.

Hulk Hogan didn't appear? That's not even remotely close to a true statement. Or maybe you're saying Bubba the love sponge didn't appear?

Who cares?

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Hulk Hogan didn't appear? That's not even remotely close to a true statement. Or maybe you're saying Bubba the love sponge didn't appear?

Who cares?

Hulk did appear and performed at as high a level as any actor I've heard of.

Bubba the Love Sponge didn't appear. He has said on some occasions that Hulk was aware of the tape being made. There is other suppressed evidence which suggests that the tape was made to be leaked in order to restart Hulk's failing career. The point is that all of that information should have been made available to the jury.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hulk did appear and performed at as high a level as any actor I've heard of.

Bubba the Love Sponge didn't appear. He has said on some occasions that Hulk was aware of the tape being made. There is other suppressed evidence which suggests that the tape was made to be leaked in order to restart Hulk's failing career. The point is that all of that information should have been made available to the jury.

Didn't he invoke the fifth? Or threaten to do it at least? I don't know how the fifth applies to a civil case. But wasn't he just refusing to testify?

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Didn't he invoke the fifth? Or threaten to do it at least? I don't know how the fifth applies to a civil case. But wasn't he just refusing to testify?

Bubba said he would invoke the fifth if called. Apparently, his changing stories have left him open for a possible perjury charge. The point is that the jury should have experienced him being sworn and then refusing to testify. As it is, they were left wondering why the guy who did the taping didn't testify.

This was a very biased judge and the award is likely to be thrown out at appeal.

I just don't see how you can exploit the release of a sex tape for publicity and profit and then turn around and say it violated your privacy but I guess that's why Hogan is a superb actor.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm amused that anyone is following this story. Color me uninterested.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I thought Hogan had been broke a while back, which explains why he went to TNA, and was some kind of announcer on the short lived "American Gladiators" show sometime back in 2008. I'm guessing his divorce from his wife Linda literally drained him financially. Back then, he looked like he was desperate for money.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm amused that anyone is following this story. Color me uninterested.

Maybe this will interest some legal mind ? I've sent untold numbers of my sex-tapes
to Gawker and they've sent them all back erased .... can't I sue for that ?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

A witness in a civil trial can invoke the 5th. In this situation, Bubba would invoke the 5th if his testimony in the civil case could be used to bring criminal charges against him (think criminal charges for recording somebody without that person's consent).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe this will interest some legal mind ? I've sent untold numbers of my sex-tapes
to Gawker and they've sent them all back erased .... can't I sue for that ?

Oh I'm sure the lawyers are more interested. In a way, this is relevant because the frivolous lawsuits in this country are getting ridiculous. I just don't care about kardashian-type of celebrity headlines.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I thought Hogan had been broke a while back, which explains why he went to TNA, and was some kind of announcer on the short lived "American Gladiators" show sometime back in 2008. I'm guessing his divorce from his wife Linda literally drained him financially. Back then, he looked like he was desperate for money.

My understanding is that he entered into a very crappy (for him) divorce settlement. I was shocked when I saw what he gave away via settlement. If memory serves me correctly, his wife got something like 70% of the liquid assets (cash, stock and bond accounts, etc) cars, a house, etc. He got something like 30% but kept more of the intellectual property like his trademarks. He probably should have sued his divorce lawyer. He also bought that Miami house from the TV show at the top of the market and I believe his liability for his son's auto accident took a pretty good chunk. The guy seems like he's been sue-happy. He sued his former insurance agent for allegedly not selling him higher limit policies that would have covered the settlement for his kid's car accident. He lost that suit when the agent provided emails that proved he tried to get Higan to buy umbrella coverage to protect his assets, only to be rebuffed by Hogan. I used to like the Hulkster. Now he seems like he's just a money chasing, excuse making douche.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I totally forgot he also sued a WCW (World Championship Wrestling) executive for defamation of character somewhere in the early 2000's.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How did this post warrant a dislike? :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How did this post warrant a dislike? :lol:

Some people just ain't right in the head. All over the map… Haters gonna hate?

47308200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.