I became a bone marrow donor today

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a little late for me but I am hoping to help someone out there.

I encourage everyone to consider it...maybe you can save a life.

https://bethematch.org/
So you're saying you're beyond hope?
But seriously, that's some good stuff you did there.
giphy.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
1. Good on you - always speaks to one's character to be willing to (literally) give of one's self for others.

2. Giving is good. I give blood whenever I can, and am an organ donor. Hadn't considered bone marrow. Have considered a kidney but not gotten to that level of giving as yet (still concerned for my own health).

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A secretary's daughter had a form of leukemia, so literally everyone in our company went into the bone marrow registry. It's a great feeling and I hope I am the match for someone someday. Her closest match was a woman from Germany, who was a better match than her own 2 siblings. So you never know.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a bone marrow transplant at shands, it came from a guy in Germany, so thanks for doing this trex
I had a stem cell transplant in 2012, but was able to use my own cells. Doc told me if there was ever a need for me to have another, I'd probably be better served using someone else's. Thus, the donor programs for these type procedures are critical. Bravo Rex, tis indeed a great thing you've done!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I signed up for that over 20 years ago and waited for the call "any day now". Still hasn't come. They're using cord blood more and more now. As it is I probably couldn't donate now anyway because I have since had a case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in my immediate family and there is a slight possible genetic component.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
my wife signed up a few years ago and was contacted recently as a maybe. But it didnt pan out. T-rex walks the walk.................

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Kudos Rex for putting others above yourself.
I had an ex boss a few years back who was without a doubt the biggest prick I've ever met. He flew to NY to give bone marrow to the daughter of a former army buddy, had to give the guy real respect after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator