I hate to admit it, but I rooted for Vandy

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was tempted. But I'm leaving for a vacation today and wanted to stay in a good mood. Thanks.

Glad I could help... I'm going to say something I didn't think I would ever say, "I'm glad when Mullen tried to throw his hat in the Cowboys job search we went with McCarthy"... Might be one of the few coaches I would have picked McCarthy over... so it's not saying much... but fuch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Glad I could help... I'm going to say something I didn't think I would ever say, "I'm glad when Mullen tried to throw his hat in the Cowboys job search we went with McCarthy"... Might be one of the few coaches I would have picked McCarthy over... so it's not saying much... but fuch.

I've heard from several that if Mullen becomes available, that's the push. McArthy is yesterday's news and simply keeping the seat warm until Emory graduates out of respect for that relationship.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WTF.....

I would rather sit on Judas' Cradle then cheer for the corndogs.

I hope no one says they are going to cheer for the dwags.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I could never cheer for a gameday opponent.

I am a Wildcat fan this week though!

The leg humpers being denied a shot at the NC is the only way to turn this season into a positive.

LSU? IDGAF. FSU? IDGAF.

BEAT UGA.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never root against us... but the last quarter against Kentucky I was apathetic because once the kick six happened I knew we were going to lose.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Mullen doesn't run RPO's either except maybe as a trick play.

He's not doing anything significant at the college level as a head coach, his offense is too simple for NFL defenses, his QB's are consistently thought of by NFL scouts as underdeveloped, and he's received just criticism for not recognizing and utilizing his more talented players. What NFL team would hire him for a position other than the janitor or grounds crew?
Alex Smith, Dak Prescott and Kyle Trask. Just about every QB that comes out of college is considered under developed with a few exceptions. I don't want to be put in a position to defend Mullen as a HBC, he sucks balls. But he has a few QBs playing in the league and if not for an Injury Alex Smith would still be starting for the WFT.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I never root against us... but the last quarter against Kentucky I was apathetic because once the kick six happened I knew we were going to lose.

This. As you and Law have said, I will never root against us. I shouldn't be made to feel dirty because people way above me hired the wrong coach. Doesn't mean I have undue confidence that we'll win, or that I may not be quite as upset when we lose as I'd normally be. But things will take care of themselves. WM beat uga and derailed their East hopes, and was still fired within 2 weeks. Zook was fired but still put up a fight in Jax and beat the noles. One of my favorite all time games, but was still happy he was gone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alex Smith, Dak Prescott and Kyle Trask. Just about every QB that comes out of college is considered under developed with a few exceptions. I don't want to be put in a position to defend Mullen as a HBC, he sucks balls. But he has a few QBs playing in the league and if not for an Injury Alex Smith would still be starting for the WFT.

Have you read the scouting reports compared to similar talents. Due you seeing especially in Daks case that he was drafted where his talent dictated if he was properly coached in college. Mac Jones out of Alabama wasn't a better quarterback than Trask, but was drafted a round and a half lower. But this is only 3 quarterbacks in the list of over 10-15 quarterbacks that he has coached. And so far only two Smith and Prescott have seen their second contract.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And you really believe that's because of Mullen? Did you see how late Dak was drafted?

I can tell you, this absurd myth that Mullen develops (at least for the NFL game) QB's has to die. Frankly, he's one of the worst QB coaches that has ever put on a headset. The NFL should run screaming from his quarterbacks.....and usually do.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
And how well did SOS's QB's do in the league? I mean, what's the standard for grading? Who developed Brady or Montana any of the most successful QB's? Marino went high and never won a SB. Brady...that speaks for itself. Montana was knocked for not having arm strength.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And how well did SOS's QB's do in the league? I mean, what's the standard for grading? Who developed Brady or Montana any of the most successful QB's?

Grossman might have been the only one with NFL ability. Developers of quarterbacks for the NFL isn't something we really have seen at Florida. Spurrier offense made guys with limited talent look extraordinary and smart players. The fact that players like Matthews and Wuerfell with their limited arm strength stayed in the league for roughly a decade. Spurrier taught the mind of the quarterback. The real measure is if a dude gets drafted where his talent suggests, and also if they get to that second contract.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I could never cheer for a gameday opponent.

I am a Wildcat fan this week though!

The leg humpers being denied a shot at the NC is the only way to turn this season into a positive.

LSU? IDGAF. FSU? IDGAF.

BEAT UGA.

Good luck with that. They are only a little over 3 TD underdogs.
938f5621c7a9fe06b01e60d7a57b8917--famous-men-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then we have no chance at all - unless he wants to be an OC.

What owner wants their 30-50 million dollar investment to run the ball that much (outside of Baltimore)? He is a college coach, maybe a position coach in the pros... but he isn't going to take the pay cut.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What owner wants their 30-50 million dollar investment to run the ball that much (outside of Baltimore)? He is a college coach, maybe a position coach in the pros... but he isn't going to take the pay cut.
And you think posters on this site think he does? Really?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
He acts like they don't run RPO's in the NFL.

Pederson ran it in Philly.

This is the most surface deep, weak argument possible. For true context, the year the Eagles ran the most (2017 as referenced in that article), with a Josh Allen like, pre-knee injury Wentz, Wentz ran about 5 times a game. Foles ran much less than that for a season total of 3 yards.

Whereas, this year, Gator QB's are averaging 13 carries a game, with the starter and backup having more yards rushing than the next closest running back. Every other player on the team combined barely surpass our QB's by 63 yards (that is including the long fake punt and Rick Wells sweep). And, this is with 4 blowouts built in that could reduce QB carries to protect them. We ran the QB 19 times against bama.

These two things are NOT the same. Rather, a horribly ineffective running QB in Trask ran about as much as the Eagles ran Wentz in 2017 and ran far more read option calls where Trask simply handed off regardless of it being the wrong "read".

Edit - The only team coming close to Mullen level running is Baltimore, with Lamar Jackson. I guess if we played AR, the closest thing to Lamar in college football now, then 10-11 runs a game would be a good mix.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And how well did SOS's QB's do in the league? I mean, what's the standard for grading? Who developed Brady or Montana any of the most successful QB's? Marino went high and never won a SB. Brady...that speaks for itself. Montana was knocked for not having arm strength.
You turd. Who the hell ever called Spurrier a QB whisperer? We have to hear clowns all the time talking about Mullen and his supposed genius with QB’s. He’s awful. Ed Orgeron himself would be a better QB coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.