Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Mullen-Cousin-Eddie-MEME.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not gonna lie. At least every other time I look at the thread title, I see, “I think it’s time to evaluate whether Dan Mullen is gay or not.” That could help explain a lot of what’s going on.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We don’t share it. We hold the tie breaker to keep from shared references.
that's actually incorrect. The tie break is for determining who goes to atlanta, however the season records will indicate UF and UGA as co east champs as they have in the past under the same circumstances.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, it IS pretty low. My simple point, which I’m pretty sure you understood, is at least now we’re trending the correct direction.
Yes, but we've stopped trending and we've plateaued. The future appears to be heading back down, not up.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's difficult for me to get on the can Mullen train. Specially after watching the offense this year. Mullen went against his own (usually) bad instincts and opened up the offense with lots of vertical passing and less of his usual "My QB is also a fullback!" BS. He's done a good job of using the RBs as pass catchers and, while he's always good for a few head scratchers, he and his O co-ordinater's play calling has been pretty good this year. That said, the stuff I see due to either lack of discipline and/or lack of respect for their head coach by the players would give anyone pause. Couple that with his mediocre recruiting and his inability or desire to surround himself with top notch coaches and the seat grows a little hotter.

Like it or not ALL coaches, specially in the SEC, are compared to Saban and his program. It's a tough comparison but it really is the only one. Do what they do or you will fail because anything but winning a national championship is a failure at a place like Florida.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that's actually incorrect. The tie break is for determining who goes to atlanta, however the season records will indicate UF and UGA as co east champs as they have in the past under the same circumstances.
No, the tie break determines who represents the East for the Championship Game meaning who won the East. And I won your Mom’s snatch.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No, the tie break determines who represents the East for the Championship Game meaning who won the East. And I won your Mom’s snatch.
your first part is what I just said, however no amount of arguing is going to change the fact that records will indicate co east champs. The second part... Well... My mom is 76 with a bad hip, a contagious skin condition and false teeth. Eat your heart out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
your first part is what I just said, however no amount of arguing is going to change the fact that records will indicate co east champs. The second part... Well... My mom is 76 with a bad hip, a contagious skin condition and false teeth. Eat your heart out.
No, the first part is we beat Jawja and that’s the tie break. There isn’t any “Co-East” nothing. We’ll hang banners for days and Cousin Eddie will be glorified. As for tour Mom, she sounds easy.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The only chance of him leaving anytime soon comes down to two things:

2) The Bull Gators put enormous pressure on management, which I don't forsee

Boosters will continue to pay. If he was one of them, I’d be more concerned about being stuck in a range. But he’s not.

There is some small hope on this front just due to personalities. The shark fucher would initially meet with the Bull Gators and Strickland would as well as cover. As some have pointed out here, most Bull Gators are not paying for wins (as so many on here would be viewing their very large donations), they are paying for access. But, Mullen is not the best on that front. At msu, they had to suck that up due to their program stature, but Mullen's aloofness will not serve him well longterm with the dollars behind Florida. For that matter, these rich fools started to hate Meyer (even after 2 titles) for not pandering to them enough. Mullen takes the same arrogant approach without the victories.

Butters wrote his ticket Jan 1st on national tv saying the administration didn't back him and the football program less than 10 minutes after winning the outback bowl. The death threats shorted his stay by games not years

True, but ole hee haw was also as right on this point as anything he ever said at Florida.

I actually agreed with the time out. LSU's kicker is great and they had around 27 seconds to run the fg team out to make the kick so it wasn't gonna be a crazy rushed attempt. If no time out and they make it then it's game over, the time out actually worked as well as it could. Gave Trask enough time to get our kicker in range, he just missed.

The issue wasn't this time out, which he needed to call - as our 51 yard field goal attempt proved. I can't believe this is actually disputed after watching that TO be our only chance to stay in the game. I've expressed my frustration with Mullen losing this game through his prior 4 weeks of conduct, but that TO was absolutely correct. If LSU had not called their own TO's on the prior plays, we should have used ours there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True, but ole hee haw was also as right on this point as anything he ever said at Florida.

Didn't say he was wrong, but it is the domino that pissed Stricklin off after giving butters a new deal.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Wrong on both accounts...UF is Co-East champs with UGA

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That bar is extremely low, pretty easy to clear the hideousness of Chimp/Butters. If winning 8-10 games a year and no championships at UF is the new standard, so be it. Stricklin just needs to be honest and come out and tell the truth: he doesn't give a **** about winning football titles at UF. I want those exact words to come out of his mouth.
What do people expect?

What did Stickland learn at Cowbell about building a championship program. he has never won shtt and never will.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m pretty sure Mullen is going to be thoroughly evaluated after Saturday’s game. Three seasons is more than sufficient time to look back and ask, how much better are we now than when it all began?

The comparison might not be flattering, but oh well. That’s life in the 6-million-dollar fast lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.