I was wrong about Will Grier

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What makes it all the more amazing is we have the worst O-Line in all of Div 1. I learned that from Law.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n290395 said:
Its a little slice of heaven.

There are plenty who are glad you are not working tonight then. :thumbup:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You see freshman making plays all over the field. This team could be scary good for quite a while.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Mac has them believing in themselves.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad he's our QB

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just imagine if he didn't have the flu.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Forget the crow...let's all enjoy these great Saturdays and Sundays and Mondays and Tuesdays....what a glorious day.

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
You're a big man KC, but I don't remember you saying he would suck or being too over the top. Just more of a "don't count TH out" and "just to wait and see him play before anointing him to the ring of honor" type stuff. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. At any rate, you more than made up for it on the last week of recruiting.

So bring that cookie monster back and post more, will ya?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KC, as part of your penance, I'm going to ask that you re-post that photo of you and the UF receivers (Percy et al) from a few years back. Your warm up suit was kickin'! Otherwise, all is forgiven.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Two weeks ago, I was defending Grier against all the naysayers. However last week, when everybody was excited about him, I was more concerned in that he played fairly ****ty for 3 quarters and didn't show a lot of ability to throw anything with any consistency over 10 yds.

Tonight he looked big time. I think coach mac is doing a great job of putting him in situations where he can succeed. I can't help but think if he keeps developing he will be one of FL's best...maybe even the best.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You don't shatter Leak's high school records and turn fluke. Treon can go smoke a blunt at Bethune Cookman next season.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n290512 said:
You don't shatter Leak's high school records and turn fluke. Treon can go smoke a blunt at Bethune Cookman next season.
Who the hell is Treon?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n290512 said:

Leak was great, but I feel like the upside for Grier is much higher. At the end of the day, Leak always threw kind of a floating ball band you can only go so far with that. Grier throw a strikes, great release, and at times shows the ability look over the field and pick out the 2nd and 3rd receiver.

I like how Mac on occasion is rolling him out to force him to let the play develop because Grier's tendancy is to get rid of it so fast that the play doesn't develop. It seems like tonight the game was slowing down a bit for Grier. Of course, the protection he received tonight seemed better than the past few weeks also.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gulfstream;n290430 said:
Yes. Mac has them believing in themselves.

Considering how shattered many of the guys on offense were confidence-wise due to the Chump, Mac and his staff have done a very impressive job building that up so quick. That was no small task.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
L-boy;n290537 said:
Leak was great, but I feel like the upside for Grier is much higher. At the end of the day, Leak always threw kind of a floating ball band you can only go so far with that. Grier throw a strikes, great release, and at times shows the ability look over the field and pick out the 2nd and 3rd receiver.

I like how Mac on occasion is rolling him out to force him to let the play develop because Grier's tendancy is to get rid of it so fast that the play doesn't develop. It seems like tonight the game was slowing down a bit for Grier. Of course, the protection he received tonight seemed better than the past few weeks also.

The deep pass over the middle to Fullwood (I believe?) looked like he had ants in his pants to get rid of it because he knew it was there. Had he waited a split second and got his feet set it would have been six. But overall stellar play from Grier, Mac will get that stuff ironed out I believe.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Gatormac2112;n290544 said:
The deep pass over the middle to Fullwood (I believe?) looked like he had ants in his pants to get rid of it because he knew it was there. Had he waited a split second and got his feet set it would have been six. But overall stellar play from Grier, Mac will get that stuff ironed out I believe.

I think in time Will will become better at the long ball as he becomes more patient. His main downfall is he wants to get rid of it so fast he doesn't give the play time to develop. I feel good that will come with time. I'd rather have that problem than the opposite. Our last QB's over the last years are guys who hold on to the ball too long and focus on only one primary receiver, and if that isn't there then the whole thing breaks down. Grier shows more ability in that respect as a redshirt freshman than Brantley or Driskel did after 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator