If anybody is lucky enough to win a free trip and round to Winged Foot

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm one of the worst golfers you've ever seen. I go through a dozen balls in a round.
Thats expensive. There was a course in Jacksonville (I forgot the name of it) that was a short course with lots of dogleg and water hazards. The company I worked at had a league that played there. I was a long hitter off the tee (slight draw), dead on with long irons and was great at chipping and putting. I absolutely sucked with the short irons.

I considered a successful round there one where I found more balls than I lost. There were a couple of holes that were money for finding balls.

I hated that course.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I quit years ago and vowed never to play again until I got some professional lessons. Now with two herniated discs in my neck, it's looking like that's permanently out of the question.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thats expensive. There was a course in Jacksonville (I forgot the name of it) that was a short course with lots of dogleg and water hazards. The company I worked at had a league that played there. I was a long hitter off the tee (slight draw), dead on with long irons and was great at chipping and putting. I absolutely sucked with the short irons.

I considered a successful round there one where I found more balls than I lost. There were a couple of holes that were money for finding balls.

I hated that course.

This is hard to believe but true. A good friend of mine, a pro ,got us on Sawgrass for free, I think we had to pay for the carts but that's all. We are all taking the round seriously tuning up for a tournament. Then we come to seventeen. Seventeen is super easy when the wind isn't blowing and the green is cut for the public and not concrete hard. All but one of us get on just fine. The last guy splashes his, loses his mind and goes all Tin Cup. He puts 8 straight in the water. Then he wants us to give him some of ours. He'd have put twenty more in if we'd supplied him. We were laughing so hard I'm not sure we were able to finish eighteen.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'm one of the worst golfers you've ever seen. I go through a dozen balls in a round.
I quit years ago and vowed never to play again until I got some professional lessons. Now with two herniated discs in my neck, it's looking like that's permanently out of the question.
I feel your pain. I'm horrible. I used to always use the cheapest balls I could find so I didn't mind as much when I lost them all. I too swore never to play again. Worst part is Mrs G. is (or was) a decent golfer (for a chick) and really enjoys it. Every now and then she'll throw out the suggestion for me to get lessons.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I quit about 25 years ago. I’d rather be on the water and not catch a thing than spend a fortune getting pissed off playing golf.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Wolff. Holy schiznit. 21. Does he fold? That hitch is as bad as Furyk. I’m rooting for him.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Wolffie’s swing is so ugly I close my eyes and wait for the sound of impact before I open them. And Dechambeau looks so stiff it’s amazing he’s so good. But it’s definitely shaping up to be a good final round. I’ll get to my course in the morning, then park myself on the couch in front of the TV for the final round in the afternoon.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
These greens are bananas. It’s like mini-golf, but played on concrete.

Par may win it all.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Wolff. Holy schiznit. 21. Does he fold? That hitch is as bad as Furyk. I’m rooting for him.
Wolff's swing is even more funky than Furyk's. If he pulls it off, he and Morikawa would be the winners of the two majors played this year at 21 and 23 years of age, respectively. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.