If we lose the rest of our games....

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
For starters at QB, Mertz has played light years better than AR did at any point last year. We've actually won games because of Mertz and instead of losing games for us like AR did. Our WRs and TEs are better as a whole this year. Ricky, Wilson, boardingham, and etc have performed better and are a more talented group than we had last year. And the majority are all Billy's guys. Yes our O line is struggling but you can't blame Billy for that, we had guys transfer out for different non related football reasons and he made the best out of our bad situation.

Defense is solid up front and we added depth on the d line and LB through the portal. You guys give Marshall a hard time but he rarely gets thrown at because he is playing so well. The rest of our secondary is mostly young guys learing on the job. And shemar went down at LB but he was playing lights out before that. The proof is there, you just REFUSE to see it because we haven't won every game and beat everybody by 20 points. Get real
The results are terrible and I do not believe it gets better next season. We have lost more by 20 than won by 20. I believe you are being disingenuous.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
The results are terrible and I do not believe it gets better next season. We have lost more by 20 than won by 20. I believe you are being disingenuous.
You just said it. You know we play the hardest schedule in the country next year. It's basically Billy's 2nd full year instead of his 3rd. You're being honest with yourself, but when the season rolls around next year you all will be expecting to go undefeated with likely a 1st year QB in Lagway.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Elko turtles up again and loses to a barely ranked NC team and you guys want that Trash here. Give me a break

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If?
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Stricklin needs to be fired

And Billy needs to be fired. Just take the bandaid off. Recruiting may suffer but fill in with portal kids and bring in an offensive minded head coach who can bring in an elite DC.

This whole shopping for our coaches at Walmart has to stop.
Ill hang this out here again. Urban is drinking cocoa in Jax.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We will lose the next two.

Maintain a top 5 class on ESD and get some big uglies from the portal.

Hire an OC, assign a ST coordinator.

Look at other staff changes.

OR

If the class falls out of the top ten on ESD, fire his a$$.
Thats smart. Wait till it's too late to salvage next year. No, fire him now.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not trolling here ... I honestly think the defense is just physically worn out. We are more talented this year (than last) but we are young. And we still aren't nearly talented enough on the defense. We have a few spots but lack any talented depth.
Had the feeling during the last offseason that this would be the case. And that we'd actually be worse in year 2 Defensively.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Had the feeling during the last offseason that this would be the case. And that we'd actually be worse in year 2 Defensively.
If you go back and watch the first few games (through UTenn) the defense was in position and made plays. They were a little slow (inexperience and unsure of themselves atmost positions). A decent defense. As the season.progressed, they just wore out because of a lack of depth. If we can hold onto this class, we'll have enough added depth to be good (not great...still too young) the entire season next year.

BN could shore up the experience in the transfer portal.

I'm just talking about players here. Not scheme or coaching.

BN and Hambone aren't going anywhere until 2024 after the UGa game. (at the earliest) Assuming we keep the class. And assuming there's a slamdunk hire available.

Just my opinion. Maybe he'll make the changes internally and in himself to knock the leadout.

no yes GIF by The Blacklist

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I ain't no night owl. That dude argued all night while I was asleep. It's obvious trolling, I'll bet he was laughing his ass off.

I don't find this funny enough anymore to do something like this.
It was a pro hit job type trolling.

I don't think it's funny either.

Its different when we're 10-2, 11-1 or 12-0 and people are bitching because we didn't score enough points.

In 2026. Maybe.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BN and Hambone aren't going anywhere until 2024 after the UGa game. Assuming we keep the class.
I don't think Napier is going anywhere, but Sandlot may not make it to the end of the season. The utter collapse of the defense over the past month has shown he has no idea what he's doing.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't think Napier is going anywhere, but Sandlot may not make it to the end of the season. The utter collapse of the defense over the past month has shown he has no idea what he's doing.

I’m sure Saban cried when we poached him from his staff.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you go back and watch the first few games (through UTenn) the defense was in position and made plays. They were a little slow (inexperience and unsure of themselves atmost positions). A decent defense. As the season.progressed, they just wore out because of a lack of depth. If we can hold onto this class, we'll have enough added depth to be good (not great...still too young) the entire season next year.
Agree with this. Reminds me of the regression last year as well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only possible argument for Napier making it to year #3 is Stricklin making it with him. He's Stricklin's mistake, the one he proudly admitted to after interviewing just one candidate -- why, of course, the mistake himself.

We've seen this movie. It will cost too much money. We just need a few more players. Do we really want to go back to square one? Again?

Sadly, we must. 702 yards allowed says so, two seasons of inexplicable coaching decisions says so, moving backwards instead of forward ever so methodically says so. But, mainly, it says so because we've now entered that territory reserved for a select few UF ex-coaches who uniquely sealed their own fate. We've become a national embarrassment.

Sasse, we're looking to you to do the right thing. Save us from further abyss. Wipe the slate clean. We don't care if you have to sell Century Tower. Get us a proven winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.