IF we win our next 2 games, what can it possibly mean?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I understand the thread and sadly all we have as Gator fans is to look at things through allmost impossible IF's, b/c we are saddled with a head coach who stinks out loud at putting a fundamentally sound team on the field in all phases of the game. I will be thankful when we don;t have to live in the world of IF's b/c we will be able to have enough confidence in our team (like our opponent in SECCG's fans have on a weekly basis) to know we will win b/c we don't make silly mistakes and have to turn the ball over like 4 times to be beaten. But I realize my wishfulness is not in the immediate cards.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will be thankful when we don;t have to live in the world of IF's b/c we will be able to have enough confidence in our team (like our opponent in SECCG's fans have on a weekly basis) to know we will win b/c we don't make silly mistakes and have to turn the ball over like 4 times to be beaten. But I realize my wishfulness is not in the immediate cards.

.... well ~ house of cards ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when they started the playoff, half the board thought there would be 2 SEC teams in every year. This back room cigar smoking no strength of schedule big Ten a$$ kissing committee was put in place to never let that happen.

My guess is it will be very rare for a team with an extra loss to ever go over a Power 5 conference champion

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Beating Bama is very unlikely.

Beating FSU is VERY important for recruiting. And it's our NEXT GAME.

I move this thread be tabled until Sunday. We don't need to encourage any discussions or thoughts that could encourage the team to lose even momentary focus on their priorities. Beat the (*@^#)(&@# Noles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt it with Bama getting a nod if they beat Auburn and SC being a good win for Washington now..
Sc beat the breaks off of washington. They haven't beat anybody.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We don't need to encourage any discussions or thoughts that could encourage the team to lose even momentary focus on their priorities. Beat the (*@^#)(&@# Noles.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Pretty sure none of us will be playing on Saturday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sc beat the breaks off of washington. They haven't beat anybody.

There would be a rematch likely if Colorado loses to Utah. Just dont see them leaving a 1 loss Power 5 conf champ out and letting a 2 loss one in especially if Bama gets a spot.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Beat the Evil Nole first.

No way we get in the playoff with two losses. Beat the Evil Nole and take the Sugar against the Fighting Stoops and be happy.
If we beat FSU and Alabama we would definitely be in the playoffs no doubt about that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So are the trolls still not impressed with beating LSU last week considering they just annihilated TAMU while shorthanded on the road on short rest?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So are the trolls still not impressed with beating LSU last week considering they just annihilated TAMU while shorthanded on the road on short rest?
It certainly makes our win look better, no doibt. Everyone has injuries this time of year. Injuries are just an excuse for a staff who didnt build depth.

I'm still not impressed with losing to Bandboy and getting skullpoked by the Big Pig. Two bad losses to two terrible coaches.

Or scoring 1 offensive TDs many games. Offensive guru pfffffft.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will be impressed if we beat FSU. If we lose to FSU and Bama again and the recruiting doesnt pick up its no different than last season.

Also like was said it would be nice to have more than just an average of one offensive TD in our last 3 games.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna guess 10-2, but that's probably not deep enough.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A big factor for playoff choices is TV draw and that involves decently scoring offenses.??
$ profits and media/public buzz carry the day.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/jim-mcelwain-introduced-as-gators-new-football-coach/2209242

GAINESVILLE - It didn't take Jim McElwain long at his introductory news conference Saturday morning to bring music to Florida fans' ears: Fun is coming back to the Gators' offense.

McElwain, who is known for developing quarterbacks in highly productive offenses, said he doesn't have a fancy name like the Steve Spurrier-era "Fun 'n' Gun" for what he'll do, but he promised it will be something worth watching.

"I don't know what you call it, but it will be a blast," McElwain said.

McElwain said regardless of personnel, his offense is a combination of everything he has ever learned during his 30-year coaching career.

"Here is who I am," McElwain said. "I'm the dog they dropped off down at the Humane Society. He has a little bit of about every breed in him. Whatever the situation is, you try to bring that breed out that helps success."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was all such BS. McElwain was known for game manager QBs and exactly what we see on the field right now, pedestrian offenses.

Mr Bammer 6 LSU 9.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was all such BS. McElwain was known for game manager QBs and exactly what we see on the field right now, pedestrian offenses.

Mr Bammer 6 LSU 9.

We would obviously like an individual that's been successful on the offensive side of the ball, Foley said. I think obviously that's what the Gator Nation wants, and we see that, and that's what we're certainly going to try to provide for them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still going to the playoffs? I already bought my tickets. Cheap. From some Tinerc fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.