I'm torn: would you prefer Miami or FSU lose?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I think I hate Miami just as much as FSU.
I can understand that.

I'm 34 years old and haven't watched a lot of UF vs Miami. Therefore, it's not a prominent rivalry in my mind. Not saying that it doesn't mean anything. It's just not as important as a win against FSU, imo.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If fsu wins - they may keep Taggert for another year

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Total upload_2019-10-29_12-41-54.jpeg 's that I care about this game =

images
upload_2019-10-29_12-43-23.jpeg

And to be clear, I only care the foregoing two sh!ts because (1) something embarrassing could happen, (2) either clown or coke fans will be amusingly arguing about their relevance for winning such a nonsense game, and (3) it could have FSU keep Willie longer.

Truth is, we have already won. This once nationally relevant game, that brought 2 of our biggest rivals attention, and undue respect, is now an irrelevant blip on the day's schedule. Not even their own teams fans care. The game will not be a sellout (regardless of what gets announced), the pictures from the game for such a "rivalry" will be embarrassing, and it may get 45 second treatment on ESPN's College Football Final. They have essentially disappeared. Unless, something truly embarrassing happens to one or both teams.

So, to the OP's ?, both have already lost and I "prefer" that to continue regardless of which team scores less points.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If fsu wins - they may keep Taggert for another year

Exactly. Nobody wants the criminoles to win anything ever. But if you consider the long term we want Willlllie to stick around. I want there to be a scenario where they lose every game and still keep him but that's not feasible. I guess I would rather trade a couple of wins for the long term failure and decline of the program. The losses bring instant gratification where keeping the coach long term brings years of gratification. If he gets fired right away we face the possibility of them landing someone who can turn the ship around quickly. I like the idea of them being Tennessee for the next decade. Fvk the noles.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Rob Co (@musclepug54) tweeted at 9:46 AM on Sun, Nov 03, 2019:
♂️♂️♂️
()

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well I got my wish and now I am sorry.

Exactly. If you are a :nole:, you are ecstatic at the loss b/c it forced an immediate response. Win a game like that while playing like dyck just hides the flaws for a few hours and does nor stir people into action. It happened here with the previous 2 coaches.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Exactly. If you are a :nole:, you are ecstatic at the loss b/c it forced an immediate response. Win a game like that while playing like dyck just hides the flaws for a few hours and does nor stir people into action. It happened here with the previous 2 coaches.
No.... it just means they pulled the trigger before the end of the season. That $20M didn’t just materialize - it’s been fundraised for weeks. This just confirms that nothing he could do would save his job at this point. And they have to live with obnoxious jeers from UM fans for a year. Ideally for them, they would’ve beat their in state rivals then fired him. Sort of like Ron Zook except after the season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No.... it just means they pulled the trigger before the end of the season. That $20M didn’t just materialize - it’s been fundraised for weeks. This just confirms that nothing he could do would save his job at this point. And they have to live with obnoxious jeers from UM fans for a year. Ideally for them, they would’ve beat their in state rivals then fired him. Sort of like Ron Zook except after the season.

I disagree if they beat scrotUM yesterday they don;t fire him today and open the door for him to finish with another few wins and they are stuck. I gurantee you if we beat Cowbell in 2004 Zook does not get fired. My point is when the iron is hot you have to strike. We did not strike with Chimp and paid dearly. I am not disputing that the funds were secured. Yes they were. I am saying the action would not have occurred. The money can always be returned to the donors.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I disagree if they beat scrotUM yesterday they don;t fire him today and open the door for him to finish with another few wins and they are stuck. I gurantee you if we beat Cowbell in 2004 Zook does not get fired. My point is when the iron is hot you have to strike. We did not strike with Chimp and paid dearly. I am not disputing that the funds were secured. Yes they were. I am saying the action would not have occurred. The money can always be returned to the donors.
Oh, misunderstood. My bad. I don’t necessarily agree though. He definitely isn’t fired today with a UM win but I think he’s gone either way unless they won every game to finish the season. But that was highly unlikely and would’ve signaled a shift in his tendencies - which might’ve been a good thing for them either way.

Hoping the next guy is mediocre enough to stick around but not to compete at the highest levels. I don’t think they are sound enough financially to get where they want. If they spend enough for a great coach, they won’t be able to get great assistants or invest back into the program. They’re in a tough spot.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Too late mofo.

You guys did it.

I guarantee their next dude doesnt suck as much as WiLLLLLLLie.
Christ. I wouldn't suck as much as Willlllllie. At least I could do a presser without looking like a whipped puppy.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Oh, misunderstood. My bad. I don’t necessarily agree though. He definitely isn’t fired today with a UM win but I think he’s gone either way unless they won every game to finish the season. But that was highly unlikely and would’ve signaled a shift in his tendencies - which might’ve been a good thing for them either way.

Hoping the next guy is mediocre enough to stick around but not to compete at the highest levels. I don’t think they are sound enough financially to get where they want. If they spend enough for a great coach, they won’t be able to get great assistants or invest back into the program. They’re in a tough spot.
Yeah, I bet he was gone sometime this season either way so it was still good to see them lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator