Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Ga...njury-38663194

Hopefully the injuries aren't too serious. We cant afford to be losing O linemen especially before the season starts.

" GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida had been relatively healthy through four days of practice, with only Georgia Tech linebackerAnthony Harrell missing practice, but the Gators took a couple hits on Monday.
In the team's first practice in full pads, two key backups went down hurt.
"Injury-wise, took a little bit of a blow today," coach Jim McElwain said. "We'll find out what it is. Travaris Dorsey went down, something with the leg. We'll find out how it was, but he wasn't able to finish practice.
"C.J. Worton, same deal. Not quite sure what it is, but we'll get it looked at."
Dorsey had been working as the second-team left guard after spending the spring as the starting right guard. He had a nice block in the open portion of Florida's Monday practice, pulling around the end and setting the edge on a toss play.
At the very least, he was being counted on as one of the players in the rotation, so any serious injury to him will hurt the Gators.
Worton was also impressing early in fall camp, flashing some of the most consistent hands on the team and the ability to make tough catches in practice.
"He had a heck of a day [Sunday]," McElwain said. "I was really happy because he started to really maybe get the fact that you have to get attention to detail in everything you do. It isn't just make up routes. He's starting to kind of get that.
"We'll see what happened, but obviously he's a guy we'd love to have step up and do something."
Meanwhile, defensive end Alex McCalister was held from portions of Monday's practice due to a hamstring injury that bothered him throughout the summer.
Harrell is dealing with a foot injury that has kept him in a walking boot, McElwain said."

Attachments

• conv_4048.png
    conv_4048.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 23

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I was hoping CJ Worton would have a break out year this year. I'm hoping it isn't serious.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It happens. Hopefully Dorsey's and Warton's aren't too serious and McCalister can get his hammy healed up. Losing Harrell leaves the LB crew shy a backup, which is not good for an already thin group. Stay healthy Gators!
:chomp:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n258803 said:
It happens. Hopefully Dorsey's and Warton's aren't too serious and McCalister can get his hammy healed up. Losing Harrell leaves the LB crew shy a backup, which is not good for an already thin group. Stay healthy Gators!
:chomp:

I heard Shannon was so pissed at the LBs he made one of them leave the field for a while after tearing into the whole group. That may be a good motivating tool however.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably worse than lattimores acl tear knowing our luck.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n258805 said:
It's probably worse than lattimores acl tear knowing our luck.

Hopefully it was just a tweak. Dorsey was definitely going to play quite a bit this season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy hell...I thought the injury bug would leave with the chump.:facepalm:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The fragile Florida gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a reason you can't join the other thread? :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n258855 said:
Nav, get to work!

I was just giving J a hard time. There's no harm having a thread dedicated to our injured Gators. Law can hang out in here and revel in his glory of "I told you so".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That thread title was so long I didn't even realize it was a thread on injuries…

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n258861 said:
That thread title was so long I didn't even realize it was a thread on injuries…

Heck change the title then - it doesn't matter to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.