MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n258870 said:
Don't be butthurt

Didn't sound butthurt to me. I say change to Ongoing Injury List, as they won't be the last.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.wruf.com/headlines/2015/0...injury-update/

The Florida Gator football team practiced for the first time with full pads on Monday afternoon at the UF Dizney Lacrosse Stadium. Per NCAA rules, teams cannot practice with pads until they reach their fifth practice.
“I was really pleased. You didn’t see anybody back down,” said Florida head coach Jim McElwain. “I think our young guys are doing a heck of a job, especially up front.”
According to McElwain, a few Gators had be sidelined due to injury by the end of Monday’s practice. Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Tavaris Dorsey went down with an apparent leg injury. Sophomore wide receiver C.J. Worton got hurt as well. The status of both players will be monitored in the upcoming days.
“(Dorsey) went down – something with the leg. We’ll find out how it was but he wasn’t able to finish practice. C.J. Worton – same deal, not sure what it is but we’ll get it looked at,” McElwain said.
Additionally, redshirt junior defensive lineman Alex McCalister was held out of practice nursing a hamstring injury. McCalister played in all 12 games and totaled 23 tackles last season.
With the news that running back Adam Lane was granted his release from the program due to personal reasons, opportunities in the backfield are expected to increase for freshmen running backs Jordan Scarlett and Jordan Cronkrite but also for senior Mark Herndon.
Herndon had a good practice on Monday. He was seen taking a handoff from quarterback Jacob Guy, busting through a hole in the left side untouched by the defense for a big gain.
“We’re seeing him for the first time like we’re seeing the other backs,” McElwain said when asked about Herndon. “He’s a guy that’s really important to us. He works hard at it, he’s going to play on every special teams as well… When you’re in that second, third running back role, you got to be a guy on every special team.”
Another player gaining attention is defensive lineman CeCe Jefferson. The freshman out of Baker County has been receiving praise from his teammates.
“He’s one of the young guys doing a heck of a job. He shows up and he’s not the only young guy that’s been stepping up. I’m sure glad that he is here. He’s a guy that can make an impact,” said McElwain. “He’s a guy that’s eager to learn, jumped right in to everything we’re doing.”
The Gators will resume practice on Wednesday.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Gator Fever;n258944 said:
but also for senior Mark Herndon.
Herndon had a good practice on Monday. He was seen taking a handoff from quarterback Jacob Guy, busting through a hole in the left side untouched by the defense for a big gain.
“We’re seeing him for the first time like we’re seeing the other backs,” McElwain said when asked about Herndon. “He’s a guy that’s really important to us. He works hard at it, he’s going to play on every special teams as well… When you’re in that second, third running back role, you got to be a guy on every special team.”

Well well - where have I seen his name mentioned recently - maybe by one of our posters in the Adam Lane thread ...hmm?
Hang on ...here's the quote:

"Hey - I forgot we still have Mark Herndon on the roster as well. He has shown some promise.
He can be used for occasional work while others rest up."

And guess which of our illustrious members chastised my ...er I mean, that poster's comment?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
MissouriGator;n258966 said:
Be careful... Law is a piranha.

What makes you think it was Law?
:suspect:

51zndBoIUVL._SX200_QL80_.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's just telling of our luck in recent years and that some of the stink still hasn't washed off.... The two thinnest groups on the team are the ones we absolutely need everyone healthy are the OL and LB groups. Where do we sustain injuries from in the first day in pads? An offensive lineman and a linebacker...

jck.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n259082 said:
Sounds like Worton's injury isn't major.

I hope you're right. Rumor is that he has the best hands on the team.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fingers crossed that this list does not grow.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any news on the Dorsey kid?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boys if we are playing Mark Herndon and whatever walkon replaced Provancha, 4-5 wins might be too optimistic.

We have a Mark Herndon fan club on dis bytch? What about Matthew Fukks?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n259557 said:
Boys if we are playing Mark Herndon and whatever walkon replaced Provancha, 4-5 wins might be too optimistic.

Nah...I think we can get 5 wins unless Harris and Grier go down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Provancha was a QB, sometimes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like Herndon...goes all out whenever he sees the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.