Is a 6 game losing streak a possibility right now?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just got cornholed by the fighting Berts. Next 5 games are USC, LSU, FSU, Bowl game, Meatchicken. And no I haven't forgotten about the SECCG....it'll be a miracle if we hold on to the east but if we do you can pencil in another loss to add to the list.

Even if we win this weekend, which is by no means a given, we are still probably losing all of those other games. Personally I don't think Mac can survive it. He'll coach here next year but when we start 0-1 for the first time in decades he'll be on his way out.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We have the talent on offense to score points and win games. We dont have a coach willing to make adjustments and changes in order to do it. I cant say whether we lose these games or not but without a game manager our chances are much less.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So Mac gets early refirement and gets $millions in buyout. The following season Mac
gets a job with the Oakland Raiders. ??

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We have the talent on offense to score points and win games. We dont have a coach willing to make adjustments and changes in order to do it. I cant say whether we lose these games or not but without a game manager our chances are much less.

It remains to see if he'll pull his head out of Nuss' arse and make changes. Really he's at a point he has to do something. If he doesn't, we'll have our answer.

Gatorjunky47

Jan 19, 2016
Yes I think it's a real possibility. especially with an offense that can't do anything exceptionally well and a defense that's not set up to stop the run yeah it could happen

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just got cornholed by the fighting Berts. Next 5 games are USC, LSU, FSU, Bowl game, Meatchicken. And no I haven't forgotten about the SECCG....it'll be a miracle if we hold on to the east but if we do you can pencil in another loss to add to the list.

Even if we win this weekend, which is by no means a given, we are still probably losing all of those other games. Personally I don't think Mac can survive it. He'll coach here next year but when we start 0-1 for the first time in decades he'll be on his way out.

Agreed. The probability of a 6 game losing streak is considerably higher than winning just 2 of those 6 games. I think the fact that we will lose the next 5-6 games in the same inept fashion that we lost the Tenn and Ark games will indeed make it impossible for Mac to survive. If the Muschamp years have taught us one thing it's to recognize a lost cause much more quickly when we see it. It's deja vu all over again.

If we lose all of the rest of our games this season I'd go against what I used to preach in the past regarding the negatives associated with pulling the trigger too fast on firing a coach. I used to think it would scare away good coaching prospects and disrupt program continuity but to hell with that. How much worse could it get? It's not like we're going to miss out on top ranked recruits if Mac goes. We've seen no inkling of improvement with nothing pointing to it happening anytime in the near or even distant future.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've come to expect it at this point. The only game I see as questionable is against the muschumps. I expect the rest to be embarassing and totally disheartening. I truly hope I can be proven wrong, but it's been years since I saw us actually take consistent steps toward improvement.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At this point going 0-6 or 1-5 over the next 6 game stretch is extremely possible, dare I say likely. I think most if forced to bet money would bet on one of those two outcomes much more frequently than going 2-4 or better. The chances of us winning 2 of the next 6 games is very low. The chances of us doing better than 2 wins is probably near zero.

I have the same feeling I had in muschamp year 3 right after the vandy game. I fear a complete collapse of the program :cry:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is it possible that the new AD can get away with pulling the trigger more quickly on a coach that he didn't hire? New coaches do that all the time with players they didn't recruit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I worry that a new AD wants to avoid major changes for a few years. Also, how much
ingrained UF-loyalty can Strickland possess ? Probably the best we can hope for from
Strickland is that somehow he can "coach" some fire into McElwain.??

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To me, the only way for Mac to save his job is if one of the freshman come in and light it up, carrying over some optimism for next year.

Running AA out there the rest of the year will cost him his job for sure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, let UF's freshman QB compete against Muschamp/Roper's freshman QB.
McNuss has had 8 games of the season to get our freshman QB ready. Let GatorNation
see how smart our coaches have been in the crucial area of QB readiness. ?? :(

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
Really hard to believe we could lose to SC and LSU and STILL win the East! To me that's a nightmare scenario, getting our a$$es kicked by Bama in prime time! At this point, unless Applesauce, Franks or Trask can preform some sort of season saving miracle I hope Ky beats Tenn and they get the $hit kicked out of them. I think that would really grease the skids for Mac's departure and as far as I'm concerned, the sooner, the better.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really don't want to pile on but ------- yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator