Is it time for a Freshman QB?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By Tuesday, the Driskel Nutswingers will have his Heisman Campaign back up and will have a list of 100 reasons why it was everyone else's fault.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Law I was at the front of the bus on that but its time for him to get fitted for a nice pair of head sets and relay some plays to the field.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
This game was not one to bring Treon in. UT would be a better situation. Confidence is everything for a qb

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
By Tuesday, the Driskel Nutswingers will have his Heisman Campaign back up and will have a list of 100 reasons why it was everyone else's fault.
#MattM

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I have seen many true freshman play that had way better field awareness and touch on their passes than Driskel.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not one to bring Treon in? WTF? Nothing else was working. Why not give him game experience?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Jeff has made enough mistakes, perhaps he should play a little receiver instead.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
They will have 93 reasons, the number of yards noodle arm threw for today.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is not an SEC caliber QB. Xavier Lee was the #1 dual threat QB when he arrived at the clown school. We need to get Treon ready. Driskel can make sure the Gatorade stays at the appropriate cold temperature. He would be late calling the plays in.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
I agree Jeff has made enough mistakes, perhaps he should play a little receiver instead.
How about waterboy. I've seen enough of him on the actual paying field.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
Not one to bring Treon in? WTF? Nothing else was working. Why not give him game experience?
The idea is to get a young QB quality experience and gain confidence. Not get destroyed by a championship caliber D.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
Who's to say he couldn't get quality experience in this game? Your opinion?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator said:
I agree with the confidence is primo for the QB. Start Treon for TN, but it would not have been wise to have him in a game out of control and done. Now if Chump had the balls to start him in the second half opening drive... I could see that, but not in a clean up job in which we were already the garbage being tossed out of the stadium. IMHO

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
The guy is a bust, it happens... pumpers need to live with that. The lead by example is not there, moxie is meek and the want to is missing from the body language. Top SEC caliber QB unfortunately he is not.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With the off week coming up this might be the time to do it...however there is 0% chance barring injury that Muschamp puts his future on the line for a true frosh QB.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For better or worse, but usually for the better, SOS wouldn't hesitate to bench a highly touted recruit or someone who was lighting it up previously, am I right, a Terry Dean. It's part of the process of getting better if you aren't getting it done on the field.

There were so many things that went wrong everywhere today, but you can't mitigate the damage when your QB is inaccurate and can't extend drives.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Driskel is a struggle. He didn't give up any of the 640+ yards the D gave up

There's more chinks in our system

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.