Is Kelly Barnhill doomed by illegal pitches?

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
One last point. If you look on the video I posted in post #17, Tim Walton's reaction says it all.

He doesn't argue or react emotionally at all.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Illegal pitches could be called on most pitchers in softball, but rarely is. An ump making that call is trying to insert himself into the game.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Illegal pitches could be called on most pitchers in softball, but rarely is. An ump making that call is trying to insert himself into the game.
And in the baseball game against USC when the 3rd base coach got booted the announcer made the same analogy about the ump. So all over the place, people make relevant points about officials inserting themselves into the game in a negative and perhaps outcome altering way.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Just watched the girls game against USF; run ruled them and Kelly had 12 K's I think? Anyway, I was paying particular attention to the illegal pitch issue and my conclusion is that every single pitch thrown by Kelly and two USF pitchers could have technically been illegal, but I didn't see a single one called. And the first USF pitcher was coming off the clay by inches. So I guess some umps want to insert themselves into the game and others let them play.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The issue is pushed by some coaches before each game none more than the b!tch at UGA. Erickson the coach at USF wouldn't do that, because his pitchers are borderline and he is the coach of Team USA, of which Barnhill is a member.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So in other words...fvk Georgia!
163.gif

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The issue is pushed by some coaches before each game none more than the b!tch UGA. Erickson the coach at USF wouldn't do that, because his pitchers are borderline and he is the coach of Team USA, of which Barnhill is a member.
Exactly right. The way Barnhill pitches is legal in pro and international softball. It's the coaches who press the issue and the umpiring crews who want to get into the issue that make it happen and it's a game-to-game, series-to-series thing. That seems unfair to everybody involved. The rule should either be enforced all the time, left alone all the time or changed to be like pro and international softball. I just don't want a crew in the NCAA tournament or WCWS deciding they're going to call it so that Barnhill, essentially, won't be able to pitch when it counts the most. That happened to UF in the World Series with Stephanie Brombecher and probably cost us a national title.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Exactly right. The way Barnhill pitches is legal in pro and international softball. It's the coaches who press the issue and the umpiring crews who want to get into the issue that make it happen and it's a game-to-game, series-to-series thing. That seems unfair to everybody involved. The rule should either be enforced all the time, left alone all the time or changed to be like pro and international softball. I just don't want a crew in the NCAA tournament or WCWS deciding they're going to call it so that Barnhill, essentially, won't be able to pitch when it counts the most. That happened to UF in the World Series with Stephanie Brombecher and probably cost us a national title.

:exactly::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.