It's Masters week...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spieth and McIlroy in the final group....should be good.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's South African?? Maybe he was saying "Blacks"
I'm suspicious that this was some kind of slur by Gary Player, who notoriously tried to turn Tiger Woods away from his first Masters in 1995. According to people on the scene, Woods was driving down Magnolia Lane toward the course and wasn't sure he was headed in the right direction. He saw Gary Player, and not recognizing him, he stopped to ask if he was headed in the right direction. The exchange was reportedly this:

Tiger Woods: "Excuse me sir, can you tell me if I'm headed in the right direction to get to Augusta National?"

Gary Player: "Oh no ya don't ya Kaffir. You go to the course for the blakes. It's about a 3-iron shot that way, down the road."

Tiger Woods: "You don't understand, I'm Tiger Woods."

Gary Player, (suddenly impressed): "Well then! That'd surely be a 7-iron shot for you!"

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm suspicious that this was some kind of slur by Gary Player, who notoriously tried to turn Tiger Woods away from his first Masters in 1995. According to people on the scene, Woods was driving down Magnolia Lane toward the course and wasn't sure he was headed in the right direction. He saw Gary Player, and not recognizing him, he stopped to ask if he was headed in the right direction. The exchange was reportedly this:

Tiger Woods: "Excuse me sir, can you tell me if I'm headed in the right direction to get to Augusta National?"

Gary Player: "Oh no ya don't ya Kaffir. You go to the course for the blakes. It's about a 3-iron shot that way, down the road."

Tiger Woods: "You don't understand, I'm Tiger Woods."

Gary Player, (suddenly impressed): "Well then! That'd surely be a 7-iron shot for you!"
:rotfl:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CBS replayed Player, Palmer and Nicklaus ceremonial tee off...Palmer does not look good at all. I've seen him recently in the horrible Xarelto commercials and he looks pretty good. Something definitely going on poor guy.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CBS replayed Player, Palmer and Nicklaus ceremonial tee off...Palmer does not look good at all. I've seen him recently in the horrible Xarelto commercials and he looks pretty good. Something definitely going on poor guy.
He's 86 years old. Player looks unreal for 80, but he's super human.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spieth might win every major this year. He had a little bit of a tough finish but he's still in the lead and the nearest challengers are a rookie, a geezer, and some guy from the empire of Japan.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious, what's making the course this year so different than last? Spieth tied Tigers recon at -18, right? There's only 3 players below par through 3 rounds.

Any thoughts?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious, what's making the course this year so different than last? Spieth tied Tigers recon at -18, right? There's only 3 players below par through 3 rounds.

Any thoughts?
The weather and pin placement make a big difference.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a combination of the wind and how stiff the greens are playing. I expect much lower scores today and the winner to be around -7. Jordan would have had this thing locked up if not for his finish yesterday.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm betting this Smylie kid goes into vapor lock and they stop showing his shots after a few holes.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow I think I gave Spieth the kiss of death. What a meltdown.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was hard to watch.
I left to go to a wine dinner just as Speith was finishing the front 9. I set my DVR and would watch it later. Holy :kiffin: Not what I was expecting see. This ranks right up there with the Shark's collapse and the Frogger at the British.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator