It's time for Trask to play an entire game without getting yanked

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
We need a Quaalude emoji for this kind of post.

He's slow afoot, a straight-up bad runner with zero pocket awareness, absurdly hesitant with his checkdowns and he has a baseball release.

His arm strength is a complete afterthought.

I'll be shocked if he even makes an NFL practice squad.
There's been no love for him here (deservedly), but now @SwampDonkey and @maheo30 like his draft prospects. Go figure.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's been no love for him here (deservedly), but now @SwampDonkey and @maheo30 like his draft prospects. Go figure.
Of course. Some NFL team is going to know it can turn it all around and bite.

Some ill-informed NFL team. If Tebow was a risk, Franks is jumping off a cliff.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Where did I say FF would get drafted? He has no chance. No one, and I mean no one, has him listed as a draftable prospect right now. I just find the idea of him going to 1-AA stupid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where did I say FF would get drafted? He has no chance. No one, and I mean no one, has him listed as a draftable prospect right now. I just find the idea of him going to 1-AA stupid.
I think he was using hyperbole as a means to illustrate a point. He could have said the ACC instead.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This thread is pure insanity. Where’s the fire Grantham thread? If we’re overreacting, at least point your pitchforks at the culprit for the loss.

EJ did some really good things yesterday, including picking up crucial first downs. His throw to Pitts was a dime, Pitts just got popped and lost the ball. LSU did a nice job stopping him in the third but the drive before Trask went 3 and out after that holding penalty on 1st down. Not claiming that Mullen was perfect or I wasn’t frustrated with some of the play calls but this place has gone insane - our defense gave up 10+ yards/play, 500+ yards, and 42 points with no sacks or TOs. It was as pathetic of a performance as I’ve ever seen. I think Mullen, after watching his presser, is danger close to major defensive changes this offseason, thankfully.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is pure insanity. Where’s the fire Grantham thread? If we’re overreacting, at least point your pitchforks at the culprit for the loss.

EJ did some really good things yesterday, including picking up crucial first downs. His throw to Pitts was a dime, Pitts just got popped and lost the ball. LSU did a nice job stopping him in the third but the drive before Trask went 3 and out after that holding penalty on 1st down. Not claiming that Mullen was perfect or I wasn’t frustrated with some of the play calls but this place has gone insane - our defense gave up 10+ yards/play, 500+ yards, and 42 points with no sacks or TOs. It was as pathetic of a performance as I’ve ever seen. I think Mullen, after watching his presser, is danger close to major defensive changes this offseason, thankfully.
I think you're dangerously off course. The changes need to take place during the off-season in terms of recruiting. There's a talent gap.

I don't see the guy in charge of the nation's #20 defense getting the boot while working with this roster.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think you're dangerously off course. The changes need to take place during the off-season in terms of recruiting. There's a talent gap.

I don't see the guy in charge of the nation's #20 defense getting the boot while working with this roster.
Recruiting is the primary culprit, for sure. But did you notice how I qualified that: “if we’re going to overreact”....

I think changes are needed and I think Grantham will have a game like this every year but I don’t think he needs to be fired - that would be an overreaction. Just don’t understand why this place is melting down about offense. Few things go our way on offense and it’s a tied game. Still likely lose because our defense was incapable of stopping LSU.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is the primary culprit, for sure. But did you notice how I qualified that: “if we’re going to overreact”....

I think changes are needed and I think Grantham will have a game like this every year but I don’t think he needs to be fired - that would be an overreaction. Just don’t understand why this place is melting down about offense. Few things go our way on offense and it’s a tied game. Still likely lose because our defense was incapable of stopping LSU.
I think we ran into a team that was perfectly capable of exploiting our weaknesses on defense, most of them straight up the middle. Blitzing wasn't going to overcome it. Having the safeties and backers react better was. That didn't happen.

That's been an issue all season long. Greenard being out really hurt. The guy is a ballhawking machine. That and shoddy tackling, which was a bugaboo again last night.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's like heroin to them(success passing):lol:….we FINALLY get a pretty damned good looking passing game going and they lose their ever lovin minds to all other facets of the game or the fact that the defense missed the bus to the stadium, the option and running plays were working(for the most part) and that was helping the passing game.......Were 6-1 in mid October and leading the East(tie) with 3rd or 4th place talent but yeah,.....lets start firing the staff....I warned you a while back that all this "throwing the ball around" so much might be too much for the board to take all at once...:rotfl:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jones needs live action. Trask is a great throwing QB, but he's also nearly made of glass. Jones becoming our #1 QB at some point later in the season with our terrible OLine is nearly a given.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Jones needs live action. Trask is a great throwing QB, but he's also nearly made of glass. Jones becoming our #1 QB at some point later in the season with our terrible OLine is nearly a given.

After watching Trask last night you still say he is made of glass? The kid is tough and has a lot of heart and grit.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After watching Trask last night you still say he is made of glass? The kid is tough and has a lot of heart and grit.

No argument here about that, but you also can't deny he's been injured and unable to play every year he's been here until now. I hope I'm wrong (sorry Aaron), but the chances he'll be injured behind this OLine before the season is over is pretty high unless we're really lucky. Remember, we already lost Franks, and he's a tough SOB too.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First and 3 at the goal line. Maybe not a bad idea for Jones. First and 6...dontknow. Further out not so much. Mop up time. Play the hell out of him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It's like heroin to them(success passing):lol:….we FINALLY get a pretty damned good looking passing game going and they lose their ever lovin minds to all other facets of the game or the fact that the defense missed the bus to the stadium, the option and running plays were working(for the most part) and that was helping the passing game.......Were 6-1 in mid October and leading the East(tie) with 3rd or 4th place talent but yeah,.....lets start firing the staff....I warned you a while back that all this "throwing the ball around" so much might be too much for the board to take all at once...:rotfl:
I’ve liked 4 of your posts within 24 hours. I think I’m dying or something.

I do like our offense, for the most part. Seems to be maxing out what it’s capable of with such a bad OL. Sure, couple plays/decisions could be better but that’s expected. Defense? Way too feast or famine. Just way too unpredictable. Mullen was incensed with that unit again last night - second time in 3 weeks. I think he’s had enough.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’ve liked 4 of your posts within 24 hours. I think I’m dying or something.

I do like our offense, for the most part. Seems to be maxing our what it’s capable of with such a bad OL. Sure, couple plays/decisions could be better but that’s expected. Defense? Way too feast or famine. Just way too unpredictable. Mullen was incensed with that unit again last night - second time in 3 weeks. I think he’s had enough.
Yep, when you start agreeing with crete its time to have ur head examend. I'll give you my guys number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.