It's time to move on

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Zooker has weighed in:

None other than former UF coach Ron Zook, who was fired after only 2½ seasons (but not before recruiting 21 of the 22 starters on successor Urban Meyer’s first national championship team in Gainesville), had a message for Gator Nation when I talked to him on Wednesday.

“If you want the program built the right way, you’ve got to give the guy [Napier] some time,” Zook said. “I know Gator fans don’t want to hear it, but you’ve got to have some patience.”

The bottom line is this: Unless the Gators finish with, say, an abysmal 3-9 record and the bottom completely falls out of the program in Napier’s third year next season, I believe Stricklin will give him four full years.

Stricklin, although he hasn’t spoken publicly in recent weeks about the progress of the program under Napier, hinted during the summer that he expected this would be a trying season.

“I don’t see any way that Billy won’t be successful,” Stricklin said then. “It just may take a little longer than some people want it to take.” …

Mood:

IMG_9332.jpeg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can all rest easy now that the Zooker has weighed in.
Yeah Ole Zooker sure proved us wrong by going 18-38 in the Big 10 and 34-51 overall at Illinoize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.