It's time to move on

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Fuchsing nuts. Ed Zaunbrecher had a top 25 offense but we expected a top five, and one good enough to overcome Zook's prevent defenses.

There's no one we've had since 2001 including Dan Mullen who could regularly put a top 25 offense on the field. (Mullen did it twice in 8 years.) Zaunbrecher's name, along with a screen pass play diagram, should be engraved in the swamp wall in gold leaf.

Now you people get excited when Mullen and Slingblade can manage the top 60 scoring offense.
If a game was 3 quarters long Ron Zook could have been our Nick Saban

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fuchsing nuts. Ed Zaunbrecher had a top 25 offense but we expected a top five, and one good enough to overcome Zook's prevent defenses.

There's no one we've had since 2001 including Dan Mullen who could regularly put a top 25 offense on the field. (Mullen did it twice in 8 years.) Zaunbrecher's name, along with a screen pass play diagram, should be engraved in the swamp wall in gold leaf.

Now you people get excited when Mullen and Slingblade can manage the top 60 scoring offense.
mad people GIF

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If I recall correctly, the main issue with Zaunbrecher and Pease is they were both the "guy who replaced the guy" who was the actual innovative offense mind at their respective schools (Marshall and Boise State). Both were promoted to OC to run someone else's offense and had no proven track record of their own. In retrospect, Zaunbrecher's offense was better than most we've seen the last 20 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What better gauge for how bad things are than everyone fondly recalling the good old days of Ed Zaunbrecher?

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
What better gauge for how bad things are than everyone fondly recalling the good old days of Ed Zaunbrecher?
how far we've fallen to long for the Zook and Zaunbrech days of Gator Football (at least we had winning records then...).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you kidding me?I was low-key excited about the possible return of Doug nussmeier when I seen the tweet.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
The Zooker has weighed in:

None other than former UF coach Ron Zook, who was fired after only 2½ seasons (but not before recruiting 21 of the 22 starters on successor Urban Meyer’s first national championship team in Gainesville), had a message for Gator Nation when I talked to him on Wednesday.

“If you want the program built the right way, you’ve got to give the guy [Napier] some time,” Zook said. “I know Gator fans don’t want to hear it, but you’ve got to have some patience.”

The bottom line is this: Unless the Gators finish with, say, an abysmal 3-9 record and the bottom completely falls out of the program in Napier’s third year next season, I believe Stricklin will give him four full years.

Stricklin, although he hasn’t spoken publicly in recent weeks about the progress of the program under Napier, hinted during the summer that he expected this would be a trying season.

“I don’t see any way that Billy won’t be successful,” Stricklin said then. “It just may take a little longer than some people want it to take.” …

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

None other than former UF coach Ron Zook, who was fired after only 2½ seasons (but not before recruiting 21 of the 22 starters on successor Urban Meyer’s first national championship team in Gainesville), had a message for Gator Nation when I talked to him on Wednesday.

“If you want the program built the right way, you’ve got to give the guy [Napier] some time,” Zook said. “I know Gator fans don’t want to hear it, but you’ve got to have some patience.”

The bottom line is this: Unless the Gators finish with, say, an abysmal 3-9 record and the bottom completely falls out of the program in Napier’s third year next season, I believe Stricklin will give him four full years.

Stricklin, although he hasn’t spoken publicly in recent weeks about the progress of the program under Napier, hinted during the summer that he expected this would be a trying season.

“I don’t see any way that Billy won’t be successful,” Stricklin said then. “It just may take a little longer than some people want it to take.” …
Have some patience?

Two years.

"Hey, [insert position coach name] you're now in charge of special teams."

Two years and that fuching idiot can't make that decision.

Napier is a fuching idiot. Stricklin is an even bigger idiot. Napier thinks his boss has his back?

Two years and the idiot can't assign an assistant special teams duties?

That's enough time fire both of them, today, for cause.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

I would love to sit down with Stricklin and ask him, Just what is it you see ON THE FIELD, that leads you to believe Billy will be successful here?

There are well coached teams, mediocre teams and sorry asss teams, all over the TV every damned Saturday. Anyone, that knows anything about football, or hell, just a casual damned fan, can see the difference between those teams.

We are a sorry asss team and it shows on TV and in the Swamp EVERY damned Saturday.

Apparently, instead of being excited for next year, we should just STFU, embrace the suck, and continue to fil up the Swamp every week.

Strick can kiss my fn azz.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I would love to sit down with Stricklin and ask him, Just what is it you see ON THE FIELD, that leads you to believe Billy will be successful here?

There are well coached teams, mediocre teams and sorry asss teams, all over the TV every damned Saturday. Anyone, that knows anything about football, or hell, just a casual damned fan, can see the difference between those teams.

We are a sorry asss team and it shows on TV and in the Swamp EVERY damned Saturday.

Apparently, instead of being excited for next year, we should just STFU, embrace the suck, and continue to fil up the Swamp every week.

Strick can kiss my fn azz.
You got a mouse in your pocket, or are ya speakin French again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.