It's time to move on

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
“We”?
Yes, WE, as in FANS, which was the Context of the post.
damned fan, can see the difference between those teams.

We are a sorry asss team and it shows on TV and in the Swamp EVERY damned Saturday.

You try too hard to read into something that's not there, or try and post your personal "Gotcha!" moment.

Why?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have some patience?

Two years.

"Hey, [insert position coach name] you're now in charge of special teams."

Two years and that fuching idiot can't make that decision.

Napier is a fuching idiot. Stricklin is an even bigger idiot. Napier thinks his boss has his back?

Two years and the idiot can't assign an assistant special teams duties?

That's enough time fire both of them, today, for cause.

They are banking on the fanbase being even bigger fuching idiots and buying this bs.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have some patience?

Two years.

"Hey, [insert position coach name] you're now in charge of special teams."

Two years and that fuching idiot can't make that decision.

Napier is a fuching idiot. Stricklin is an even bigger idiot. Napier thinks his boss has his back?

Two years and the idiot can't assign an assistant special teams duties?

That's enough time fire both of them, today, for cause.
Part of the separation paperwork…

IMG_1075.jpeg

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The Zooker has weighed in:

None other than former UF coach Ron Zook, who was fired after only 2½ seasons (but not before recruiting 21 of the 22 starters on successor Urban Meyer’s first national championship team in Gainesville), had a message for Gator Nation when I talked to him on Wednesday.

“If you want the program built the right way, you’ve got to give the guy [Napier] some time,” Zook said. “I know Gator fans don’t want to hear it, but you’ve got to have some patience.”

The bottom line is this: Unless the Gators finish with, say, an abysmal 3-9 record and the bottom completely falls out of the program in Napier’s third year next season, I believe Stricklin will give him four full years.

Stricklin, although he hasn’t spoken publicly in recent weeks about the progress of the program under Napier, hinted during the summer that he expected this would be a trying season.

“I don’t see any way that Billy won’t be successful,” Stricklin said then. “It just may take a little longer than some people want it to take.” …

Of course if it’s left up to Stricklin he’s gonna give the guy all the time he can. He knows his job is on the line too.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The bottom line is this: Unless the Gators finish with, say, an abysmal 3-9 record and the bottom completely falls out of the program in Napier’s third year next season,
:rotfl::rotfl:3-9....5-7 whats the f vcking difference...

7-5 Should be the minimum record JUST TO KEEP your job at UF and that should be due to some really bad circumstances. When you consider the geographical recruiting advantages and historical presence of the program there's really no reason a coach in his second season or any thereafter should slip below 9-3 or 8-4 at worst.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
:rotfl::rotfl:3-9....5-7 whats the f vcking difference...

7-5 Should be the minimum record to KEEP your job at UF and that should be due to some really bad circumstances. When you consider the geographical recruiting advantages and historical presence of the program there's really no reason a coach in his second season or any thereafter should slip below 9-3 or 8-4 at worst.

7-5, ok, we’ve fallen really low. It’s year 3, we return damn near everyone, have a bit of turnover coming in ‘25, and face about 7 teams with new QB’s including LSU and FSU along with at least 2 teams with new HC’s. 7-5 was the minimum for this year. You have a 6th year QB, it’s 99% your team, put up or shut up.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
7-5, ok, we’ve fallen really low. It’s year 3, we return damn near everyone, have a bit of turnover coming in ‘25, and face about 7 teams with new QB’s including LSU and FSU along with at least 2 teams with new HC’s. 7-5 was the minimum for this year. You have a 6th year QB, it’s 99% your team, put up or shut up.
Like I said, in really bad circumstances....(lose starting QB early in season, mass injured/suspended players ala 2013, that type of thing....8-4 should be considered a disappointing season at UF, yet I believe those in charge will try to "condition" us fans that is the new standard.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's the end of earnings season and UF just went through yet another drastic downward revision from the analysts. It may only take a .500 season to propel a 100% return now. Whoopee.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Of course if it’s left up to Stricklin he’s gonna give the guy all the time he can. He knows his job is on the line too.
After Samford, what game will the Gators be EXPECTED to win With this process/staff? I see maybe 4-8 unless we dominate the portal for a bunch of OL and DL help, Etienne and Wilson stay put, we end up with a top 5 class, and the d hires are excellent choices. Callaway will be the OC so who knows If he will really be calling the plays or will Billy continue down the path of certain doom and just suck out loud.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
After Samford, what game will the Gators be EXPECTED to win With this process/staff? I see maybe 4-8 unless we dominate the portal for a bunch of OL and DL help, Etienne and Wilson stay put, we end up with a top 5 class, and the d hires are excellent choices. Callaway will be the OC so who knows If he will really be calling the plays or will Billy continue down the path of certain doom and just suck out loud.
caveman geico GIF

62635-f85273ee5dede02a9b722d0b7927afb4 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.