It's time to move on

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
It's enticing to consider a replacement to Napier until you think about who would be heading the task. That makes it sticky. My guess is Sasse is not ready to tackle that subject just yet.
Not to shoot the messenger, but I'm sick of hearing this crap! Sasse is on the job and collecting a salary right now. He needs to get his head out of his ass and handle all the responsibilities NOW.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rest assured guys

The loserism is infecting the whole team. How anyone can be proud of that or pretend like anything special is happening is embarrassing. It's special ed if we really want to be honest. This staff needs to be flushed before they rot the program down to the core.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's not about the 5-7 record, it really isn't. I think if the future looked bright, if we thought we were really close, we'd feel a little more optimistic. It just appears we have a staff that can't actually coach, so it won't matter how much talent we have.

If Billy had UGA's roster this season, how many games would we have won? He wouldn't be 12-0, I think we can all agree on that.

Seems even Ox is off the Napier bandwagon, can’t be many left now. Lol

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Not to shoot the messenger, but I'm sick of hearing this crap! Sasse is on the job and collecting a salary right now. He needs to get his head out of ass and handle all the responsibilities NOW.
I'm with Layla....

20292585833_2b5df81809.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
there's several nappy sucks threads, i'll throw this in here as finally many others have seen what some have known from the beginning...

in chat this morning @stephenPE posted this :

So kirby is a genius cause he has five stars coming out of his asss? Great coach. Fckkkk spur, you and I could coach that much talent. Its like these HS that load up on talent then play teams playing their local talent. IT wins each time. I saw it in HS back in my day. Private schools were loaded with talent. Not great coaches, Just fckn cheaters. Now it all goes. Get the fckn players and win (unless you are Jimbo I guess) 76 million will cushion that blow.

Which is something that I have been wanting to touch upon for weeks, The nappy nutswingers think he has what it takes to turn things around, The on field disaster is not due to not enough talent - 2 years in to his stint, a winless in the SEC arky team, only 2 wins on the season, comes and beats nappy IN THE SWAMP, that is all the proof you need to see to know that staff belongs in the Sun Belt.

And this is the snake oil that Nappy sold, people looked at how he turned that program around.. and fell for the 'next great thing' due to his coaching bloodline, and having been under Saban and Dabo.. but here is the real story

He went out, and got the best kids that weren't good enough to make a Power 5 team, selling them on his coaching pedigree and ultra secret process, the kids bought in, so what he basically did was beat lower talent with better talent, nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

And that's the rest of the story....

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The loserism is infecting the whole team. How anyone can be proud of that or pretend like anything special is happening is embarrassing. It's special ed if we really want to be honest. This staff needs to be flushed before they rot the program down to the core.

But we fought hard and had fun. That’s what really matters

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
People still love wake board and sharkboy. CFS

Yr 3 if he looks good after game 6, he could make it. Still sucking by jawja, byebye.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
there's several nappy sucks threads, i'll throw this in here as finally many others have seen what some have known from the beginning...

in chat this morning @stephenPE posted this :

So kirby is a genius cause he has five stars coming out of his asss? Great coach. Fckkkk spur, you and I could coach that much talent. Its like these HS that load up on talent then play teams playing their local talent. IT wins each time. I saw it in HS back in my day. Private schools were loaded with talent. Not great coaches, Just fckn cheaters. Now it all goes. Get the fckn players and win (unless you are Jimbo I guess) 76 million will cushion that blow.

Which is something that I have been wanting to touch upon for weeks, The nappy nutswingers think he has what it takes to turn things around, The on field disaster is not due to not enough talent - 2 years in to his stint, a winless in the SEC arky team, only 2 wins on the season, comes and beats nappy IN THE SWAMP, that is all the proof you need to see to know that staff belongs in the Sun Belt.

And this is the snake oil that Nappy sold, people looked at how he turned that program around.. and fell for the 'next great thing' due to his coaching bloodline, and having been under Saban and Dabo.. but here is the real story

He went out, and got the best kids that weren't good enough to make a Power 5 team, selling them on his coaching pedigree and ultra secret process, the kids bought in, so what he basically did was beat lower talent with better talent, nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

And that's the rest of the story....
Here is the rest of the story. My vent/resume/feelings. I still say we dont know how he will do with great or equal talent.
But I respect that other people believe differently. Some folks think that I THINK Im a better fan. Im just a fan that pulls for my team no matter what and cheers for whoever is playing and coaching. I hate the losing. I hate the rivals beating us. But its reality, ANd for a good while they put up with us doing it to them. I will end this with my FB post.

We have lots of passionate football fans in here. FSU had a dream season that glitched with their great leader having a horrific injury. Fla has another losing season. UGA about to win a third in a row. I have seen it from all angles. When UGA was helpless against Fla and fsu was too. Now its Fla looking helpless. Since Urban left we have played hire and fire hire and fire. Social media makes it a storm that never ends. I dont know if Napier is the right guy. He seems resolute. I hear he cant coach. Maybe if our team was as talented as others he might be. I love many of our players that dont quit. He recruited like a maniac and the next class was gonna by great. I hear many are bailing out now. What do I know. Players can just jump and run even if they are on your team. I have been a huge gator fan since I was 10 yrs old. I have two degrees from UF. My parents went to UF and my oldest graduated from UF. Going to games in 7 different decades. Its not the same as it used to be with all the money and switching teams. I hope he gets another year to get his players and see what happens. If not I will pull just as hard for another coach if it happens. In all kinds of weather. I was taught that. Go gators...............

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Rest assured guys

Yeah, they got something special brewing all right. Probably the same thing I had brewing in my stomach last night after I ate a massive leftover turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, mayo, cranberry sauce sandwich. The difference is, I flushed my ”something special brewing”, nicknamed Billy by the way, down the shytter at 2 in the morning while their “something special brewing“, also named Billy by the way, is still lingering around the football facilities.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Kerwin Bell should be Sasse's 1st call on Monday.

Insist on a palates instructor be on staff though.

And Zook can be our ST and recruiting coordinator.

Get the Oline coach from Penn State, Phil Trautwein.
:exactly:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Kerwin Bell should be Sasse's 1st call on Monday.

Insist on a palates instructor be on staff though.

And Zook can be our ST and recruiting coordinator.

Get the Oline coach from Penn State, Phil Trautwein.
:exactly:
Nobody worth a damn is going to come here for a lame duck coach

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You know what?
I don't care who we hire.
Not going to argue the plusses and minuses of each individual candidate.
At this point, is there ANY coach in the nation that's successful where they are now, that couldn't do a better job here??
Napier was successful at the cajuns

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’m not saying that I want Fisch, but he is a UF alum. So that probably makes him a target.
He’s had a damn good season. Picked to finish the bottom of his league. Ended 3rd behind playoff contenders Oregon and Washington with 3 loses but one was early September at Miss St in a cross country morning game losing in overtime. Second loss was again overtime to USC, and they lost by one score to Washington. Won 7 in a row to close the season including stomping Utah 42-18.
Along with me and hundreds of thousands of others.
Are you one of the favorites to win Coach of the Year? Fisch is.

I’m not saying one good season is a reason to hire him, but I’ve watched a few of their games and I saw a smart really passionate coach. Absolute opposite of Napier. I’d trade for him today.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
But we fought hard and had fun. That’s what really matters

I wonder which player’s parent was responsible for bringing the post-game refreshments for the players last night? Was it Orangeaide from Burger King? Or did they bring canned sodas? Legit brands like Coke/Pepsi, or knock off discount brands of cola & root beer?

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Fellas, Stricklin and/or Napier aren't getting fired. You need to let that settle in and quit hoping for it.

Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane. It's got no place in the Gator Nation, you'd better get used to that idea.
GEEZE OX 0-10-1 wasn't this bad...

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the rest of the story. My vent/resume/feelings. I still say we dont know how he will do with great or equal talent.
open your eyes , do you think a winless in SEC arky had better talent than us??? let's say our youth and inexperience equaled their lower talent but more experience, he still schit the bed IN THE SWAMP against a 2 win team because his coaching decisions flat out suck !!

Name ONE position group that has shown improvement ?? once again, the coaching staff flat out sucks, doesn't matter what star rating a player comes in, if the coaches can't develop them, make them better, So IF and WHEN he gets great or equal talent, the same stupid game day decisions will be made by HIM

Yes yes, we all know you are a great fan, maybe the greatest, you even have an emote named after you. what can i say, hats off to you corch

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Name ONE position group that has shown improvement ?? once again, the coaching staff flat out sucks, doesn't matter what star rating a player comes in, if the coaches can't develop them, make them better, So IF and WHEN he gets great or equal talent, the same stupid game day decisions will be made by HIM
Sums up this entire experiment.....I think you could bring in better talent and give him the best assistants in the business and he still would have a hard time getting to 7 or 8 wins a season. That's a pretty low ceiling for a program like UF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator