It's time to move on

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Fellas, Stricklin and/or Napier aren't getting fired. You need to let that settle in and quit hoping for it.

Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane. It's got no place in the Gator Nation, you'd better get used to that idea.
True words unfortunately

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
He is certainly satisfied with his bank balance. He got paid $1.4 million for each win this year, including Charlotte and Nichols St.

If he gets fired tomorrow, he will get a buyout bonus of $2.9 million more per win over the last two years.

That's a hell of a process, right?
That's $8.7 million for beating Eastern Washington, McNeese State, and Charlotte. Why are we paying him several times over what we paid those teams to come here and take a beating? Beating those teams should be his damn job.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When is last time we called a fake punt or kick block?
We don't even try to block punts as seen last night when their punter could have been tackled in what would have been our redzone....oh and we don't bother to try and set up a return either. We simply go through the motions and live with the consequences.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
From a booster on 247:

View attachment 64471
Hope?

This is the only thing I would be excited about between now and September.
There is no saving this program without a coaching change. I don't give a flying fuch about recruiting, the portal or the FN Orange and Blue game.
Nothing will change a loser, a loser has to be removed. PERIOD.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I can think of at least 2 trick plays that Smart and Saban called against us. Smart called the Kimber and Saban called George.

“And then I told him how George was slotted as a starter on our line and how pissed I am that he’s stealing him from us…”

“I said the same about Kimber and he bought it!”

IMG_9164.gif

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Chadwell yes, Klieman yes. The others? Pass.
You know what?
I don't care who we hire.
Not going to argue the plusses and minuses of each individual candidate.
At this point, is there ANY coach in the nation that's successful where they are now, that couldn't do a better job here??

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
From a booster on 247:

View attachment 64471

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Sadly the most fun I’ve had in the past decade of Gator football are the coaching searches :lol:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We don't even try to block punts as seen last night when their punter could have been tackled in what would have been our redzone....oh and we don't bother to try and set up a return either. We simply go through the motions and live with the consequences.
Well in all fairness, with the lack of discipline on this team, think about all the roughing the kicker calls?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From a booster on 247:

View attachment 64471

I'm not sure what to make of this. If true it's running the gamut of possibility. Fisch has an awful record at Arizona. DeBoer, on the other hand, has done an outstanding job at Washington.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well in all fairness, with the lack of discipline on this team, think about all the roughing the kicker calls?
I know but the dude last night was literally running around back there for 12 seconds(no roughing) and nobody thought to put him on his ass....our players don't even know the rules

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You know what?
I don't care who we hire.
Not going to argue the plusses and minuses of each individual candidate.
At this point, is there ANY coach in the nation that's successful where they are now, that couldn't do a better job here??
I'd also be willing to take that gamble....where were headed is nowhere.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know none of y’all want to hear it but what was the team’s ranking as we played them, how many were top 25? I think Utah, Mizzou, Kentucky, definitely Ga and LSU were all ranked even Tenn was I think, does Vegas’s prediction of 5 wins not count for anything ?
No it does not. Was Mizzou pre season win total 10? I doubt it. Vegas never ever sets lines to be correct on any number. They set lines to attract money on those lines, hopefully equal amounts on both sides and collect the juice. Plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.