It's time to move on

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Billy said they aren’t skid marks. They’re life lessons that the players will carry with them long after their playing days are over.
I just looked at the 2024 schedule again to see if there are any more "life lessons" Karl will be teaching his players....They could go 0-3 vs the state of Florida....how's that for another first.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He’s had a damn good season. Picked to finish the bottom of his league. Ended 3rd behind playoff contenders Oregon and Washington with 3 loses but one was early September at Miss St in a cross country morning game losing in overtime. Second loss was again overtime to USC, and they lost by one score to Washington. Won 7 in a row to close the season including stomping Utah 42-18.

Are you one of the favorites to win Coach of the Year? Fisch is.

I’m not saying one good season is a reason to hire him, but I’ve watched a few of their games and I saw a smart really passionate coach. Absolute opposite of Napier. I’d trade for him today.

He might be as high profile of a coach as this administration is willing to go, not sure the fan base would love it, but he'd be a tremendous upgrade over tater. I can't see this university forking out the money for a Lanning , the Washington coach, or even Kiffin. We'll always going to shop for a coach on the "clearance aisle".

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I just looked at the 2024 schedule again to see if there are any more "life lessons" Karl will be teaching his players....They could go 0-3 vs the state of Florida....how's that for another first.

Billy might be canned a couple games before the cocktail party.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He might be as high profile of a coach as this administration is willing to go, not sure the fan base would love it, but he'd be a tremendous upgrade over tater. I can't see this university forking out the money for a Lanning , the Washington coach, or even Kiffin. We'll always going to shop for a coach on the "clearance isle".

The "Clearance Aisle" at the Dollar (and a Quarter) Tree. Damn those bastards for raising their prices.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Billy might be canned a couple games before the cocktail party.
It still comes down to finding the money to pay a huge buyout. From what I've read, Napier's buyout gives him 85% of whatever is remaining on his contract. So, if he is fired today, Napier gets nearly $32 million. After next year, it is roughly $25 1/2 million. After 2025, it is roughly $19 million.

By comparison, Mullenz's buyout was "only" something like $12 million. And the Gators are still paying Mullenz $1 million a year through 2027.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It still comes down to finding the money to pay a huge buyout. From what I've read, Napier's buyout gives him 85% of whatever is remaining on his contract. So, if he is fired today, Napier gets nearly $32 million. After next year, it is roughly $25 1/2 million. After 2025, it is roughly $19 million.

By comparison, Mullenz's buyout was "only" something like $12 million. And the Gators are still paying Mullenz $1 million a year through 2027.

We got some great decision makers don't we? LOL

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
He might be as high profile of a coach as this administration is willing to go, not sure the fan base would love it, but he'd be a tremendous upgrade over tater. I can't see this university forking out the money for a Lanning , the Washington coach, or even Kiffin. We'll always going to shop for a coach on the "clearance aisle".
Cleanup needed on the "clearance aisle".

ted

Aug 24, 2019

Do we really believe that UF has to scrape for crumbs while Houston just stroked a 20 million dollar check to move on from Holgerson? The Gators have plenty of money, if Admin wants a change, money is no option. I really feel like the fans have winning expectations while University leadership looks at the football program as a necessary evil that provides money for all the DEI initiatives/sports. If this was the Bama/Clemson/ Ohio State leadership, BN would have been relieved of his duties last night about 11:45pm

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just think it sucks that it's going to be a long, joyless offseason with nothing to get excited about heading into next season. No optimism, more apathy. It's a death blow for boards like this, which can only take so much.
I’ve got to commend you Ox. You tried so hard for so long to make this hire work. You tried harder than I’ve seen to bring positivity to this board and railed against those who didn’t drink the Kool-aid. And yet, here we are. Back to where we started… again.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Do we really believe that UF has to scrape for crumbs while Houston just stroked a 20 million dollar check to move on from Holgerson? The Gators have plenty of money, if Admin wants a change, money is no option.
Can't do it or won't do it, the result is the same. Barring a miracle, in a couple of weeks the name of this thread should be changed from "It's time to move on" to "It's time to come to grips with the reality of Napier in 2024."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not saying that I want Fisch, but he is a UF alum. So that probably makes him a target.

One thing I like about fisch is they were up 30 and they were still throwing it around. Plus they were winless the year before he got there. He started his career working for Steve spurrier. I wouldn't hate it

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Successful P5 coach who has won their conference with Florida ties.

Not complicated.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

And that’s why I don’t think he makes any meaningful changes.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
A lot of talk here about the 2024 schedule, and it's a really hard road, but I don't think 2025 is gonna be much easier. We have UM on the schedule again but swap UCF for USF, who will probably be easier. We're always going to have UGA and FSU, we probably have LSU, UK, and UTn again, and there's a decent chance we get Bama and Oklahoma since we don't have either next year.

This is the new look SEC. It doesn't get easier from here. We need talent, we need a coach who can use it, and we need it soon. Firing Stricklin now and hiring a football guy like Pantoni from tOSU is the only logical path to starting to turn things around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator