It's time to move on

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well despite the "deep into negotiations with Fisch" at Arizona for a hefty contract extension I'm all in for him. He's cocky, agreesive on offense, a coaching career forged in offense and a mentor of Spurrier. I'm already all in. On October 26th of 2024 5 minutes after UGA humiliates an outcoached Napier after losses to UK, LSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, Tenn, & Texas he'll be handed his ass and unceremoniously fired (and if Ihad my way it would be with extreme prejudice) I'll be hoping against hope we seriously look at Fisch. @oxrageous opined that the coming off season was gloomy with nothing to look forward to but misery. Not for me. I get to follow whether or not CBN makes changes he HAS to make: get an experienced OC, special teams coach, somehow score on experience players from to portal for the OL, safties, keep his recruiting class intact and last but not lease talk Graham Mertz into staying. I was delightfully wrong about Mertz and I'm hoping he comes back to work with DJ Lagway if he stays with us. We can watch and see if Napier turns over game day duties to an experience OC, DC and Special teams coach and get us 7+ wins. If not the die will be cast and he will have his professional head handed to him which will be followed by me having a drinking binge not seen since I got my accpetance letter to UF. There is always an optimism one has after your school moves on from a clueless incompetent and searches for someone that will lead us back to the promised land. So I'm good heading into the off season and filled with the optimism of a win/win outcome. I will NEVER pull for our guys to lose a game, EVER. But I will be watching and hoping we have a turn around though the odds are against us (to paraphrase Dumb and Dumber's "you mean I STILL have a chance with a million to one shot?). Once that happens and the euphoria fades from Slingblades banishment we get to be excited with what could be with a new hire. So let's go and onto the Orange and Blue game for our answers on whether Sunbelt Billy has made his changes....
He has my blessings

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If you think $7 million a year and a $32 million buyout are cheap then I've got to get on your Christmas list. This is about incompetence at the AD level. Stricklin even bragged about only talking to Karl.

I'm an engineering manager but honestly I spend most of my time managing the workforce (recruiting,, development, etc.). And I can tell you, you don't ignore the red flags, at a minimum, you investigate. Karl's firing from Clemson should have been a red flag. And the offense that he ran at ULL should have confirmed that he's too conservative. Also, was anybody else beating down the doors for Karl?

Absolutely there were other suitors. LSU was hot after Billy. Stricklin outmaneuvered them like nobody’s ever seen so they had to “settle” for Brian Kelly.

:bwahaha:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. We hire guys Saban would not rehire. I did not know Napier was considered a poor OC at Clemson until the tweet(?) about his performance was posted. But I was not responsible for vetting the guy. Stricklin must have known, or should have. We got exactly what was known already. That's on Stricklin.

January 2011 B/R article on Clemson firing Napier: "His lack of success in 2010 was due to his predictability on offense. The play calling was conservative, and his offenses failed to develop any kind of identity at any point during the season."​

"I did not know he was a poor OC?" Really? Think Dabo fired his stupid ass and Saban never promoted him bc they wanted to hide all that talent? It would have taken you about 40 seconds watching youtube videos of ULL or Clemson. There was damn good reason this idiot was on Chimp's short list for OC.

I love you despite your flaws though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shame he wanted to be the OC for two seasons. Maybe next year it gets better. Impressed he fired Raymond. Good for Billy.
I'll wait to see if I'm impressed if he hires a competent coach and not someone with barely any experience again. This either should be the start of a massive overall or just some I know we looked like schit so take out the guys who were not my guys.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you're saying and agree with you, but I'm also tired of the whole 'Einstein's Definition of Insanity' roller coaster we have been riding since 2010 when we hired Muschump. Every hire has been a risk of someone unknown (i.e. Shark Boy, Napier) or someone without the hard experience and success. We haven't had a home run hire. A "go and pluck a beast" out of a program (i.e. Riley from O.U. and Kelly from N.D.). A proven commodity that's a program changer. I look at the Florida Gator Head Coach hire as an investment. You're investing into today and tomorrow and the future. The old "you have to spend money to make money" mantra. And that's the situation with a proven commodity coach that we'd have to hire from an existing program, even a blueblood prorgram. Instead of these "Vegas gambles" that we bet on every 2.5 years. Long story short....we, as a program, need to commit to the investment into a proven coach that will change our program and lead us not only "back" to our glory days of winning, but lead us into a new era where we're one of the dominant programs year in and year out that's feared when we're on someone's schedule.

We will never hire the best coaches as long as we have an AD that knows nothing about the sport or the program. Scottie is better suited for the country club than the locker room.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well despite the "deep into negotiations with Fisch" at Arizona for a hefty contract extension I'm all in for him. He's cocky, agreesive on offense, a coaching career forged in offense and a mentor of Spurrier. I'm already all in. On October 26th of 2024 5 minutes after UGA humiliates an outcoached Napier after losses to UK, LSU, Ole Miss, TAMU, Tenn, & Texas he'll be handed his ass and unceremoniously fired (and if Ihad my way it would be with extreme prejudice) I'll be hoping against hope we seriously look at Fisch. @oxrageous opined that the coming off season was gloomy with nothing to look forward to but misery. Not for me. I get to follow whether or not CBN makes changes he HAS to make: get an experienced OC, special teams coach, somehow score on experience players from to portal for the OL, safties, keep his recruiting class intact and last but not lease talk Graham Mertz into staying. I was delightfully wrong about Mertz and I'm hoping he comes back to work with DJ Lagway if he stays with us. We can watch and see if Napier turns over game day duties to an experience OC, DC and Special teams coach and get us 7+ wins. If not the die will be cast and he will have his professional head handed to him which will be followed by me having a drinking binge not seen since I got my accpetance letter to UF. There is always an optimism one has after your school moves on from a clueless incompetent and searches for someone that will lead us back to the promised land. So I'm good heading into the off season and filled with the optimism of a win/win outcome. I will NEVER pull for our guys to lose a game, EVER. But I will be watching and hoping we have a turn around though the odds are against us (to paraphrase Dumb and Dumber's "you mean I STILL have a chance with a million to one shot?). Once that happens and the euphoria fades from Slingblades banishment we get to be excited with what could be with a new hire. So let's go and onto the Orange and Blue game for our answers on whether Sunbelt Billy has made his changes....

If he was Spurrier’s mentor he would have to be in his eighties or nineties at this point. I think you mean protege.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Coach Brown just trying to get back into the limelight w/his opinion. There's more info on Brown in that article most may have missed...

"Brown rose to fame, or rather notoriety, for his role as the brash head coach of Independence Community College in Kansas on seasons three and four of the Netflix hit show 'Last Chance U'.

While the show highlighted how players moved from the junior college (or JUCO) ranks to getting noticed by big-name colleges, it was Brown himself that became known for his tough demeanor.

At the end of season four, it was revealed that Brown had sent problematic text messages to a freshman from Germany - saying that the coach would be the 'new Hitler' in the player's life. Brown resigned from his position.

Stemming from that, Brown was charged with eight felonies related to blackmail and identity theft after he allegedly posed as a lawyer that sent cease-and-desist letters to news outlets so they would stop reporting on the aforementioned text fiasco.

By 2021, those charges were dismissed. Brown then moved on to other ventures and has not returned to the coaching ranks."

Oddly enough, some here have asked for more "dogs" vs "choir boys" or "Boy Scouts" yet piled on with their emotes to the first posting of #3 hitting the coach's arm...which is it guys? Do you want raw emotion or controlled emotion? Personally, I like seeing the fire and desire from our players and hope their frustrations are resolved by beating the schitt outta somebody on the field next year.
[Edit: but, you DON'T hit a coach w/out severe repercussions]

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problem with getting his arm slapped like that. Bout time we see some fire from someone other than Mertz.
Great hand work to get off the block. Maybe he can play DL too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator