It's time to move on

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
2 mins left. Ball near midfield. 4th down.

Asst OC: coach, we should punt, give them a long field and play defense.

Napier: stick with me here, I agree we should make them play defense, but what if we spot them 2 points before we do?

Asst OC: uhhhh....

Napier:

Asst OC:

Napier:

Asst OC: fck it....
More like this...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiss my ass fukk face.
Shrek Film Smile GIF by PeacockTV

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In fairness to Billy, he was trying to think in the rain.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And you don't actually doing any thinking for yourself? Just follow the crowd?

I forgot about this one:

There is the braniac we hired doing work.

I was watching this game when he made this decision.
I have thought about for a few years now and I still cannot come up with any explanation of any kind.
It’s simply one of the most bizarre and stupid coaching decisions I’ve ever seen.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And you don't actually doing any thinking for yourself? Just follow the crowd?

I forgot about this one:

There is the braniac we hired doing work.

Could not believe this. Then I read about the situation. The long snapper had been screwing up all game. So the options were go for it, risk everything with another bad snap or that safety abortion. It's still a bad decision. The problem really was that on 3rd down Napier's QB ran out of bounds. And that's also bad coaching.

Whatever. It's a bad look for Coach scared money don't make money.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could not believe this. Then I read about the situation. The long snapper had been screwing up all game. So the options were go for it, risk everything with another bad snap or that safety abortion. It's still a bad decision. The problem really was that on 3rd down Napier's QB ran out of bounds. And that's also bad coaching.

Whatever. It's a bad look for Coach scared money don't make money.
Whatever. there's never a time when running 40 yards backwards and scoring two points to put the opponent within three is a good idea. Unless your IQ is 70.

Worst case you have the quarterback show quarterback keeper on 4th and two, goal line package with two extra OL tackle eligible and three tight ends, drop back to shotgun for QB pooch kick. even 15 to 20 yards is a much better position for you down five points.

If the guy didn't have an entire career full of idiocy we could maybe write this off as a one off brain dead moment, but he does it almost every week.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Whatever. there's never a time when running 40 yards backwards and scoring two points to put the opponent within three is a good idea. Unless your IQ is 70.

Worst case you have the quarterback show quarterback keeper on 4th and two, goal line package with two extra OL tackle eligible and three tight ends, drop back to shotgun for QB pooch kick. even 15 to 20 yards is a much better position for you down five points.

If the guy didn't have an entire career full of idiocy we could maybe write this off as a one off brain dead moment, but he does it almost every week.
Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So are we going to go on for several more silly pages discussing plays that were run at Louisiana? I think we have plenty of Gator footage to talk about at this point.

It's funny what we do when we've fully turned on a coach. Next someone will post something from when Billy was 13 years old and pick it apart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So are we going to go on for several more silly pages discussing plays that were run at Louisiana? I think we have plenty of Gator footage to talk about at this point.

It's funny what we do when we've fully turned on a coach. Next someone will post something from when Billy was 13 years old and pick it apart.
basically every play 2 minutes before halftime is just as innane. that's just one that no one can argue.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Hey Donkey in the Swamp, my IQ is at least 75, although it is falling. Read what I said again. Or don't. If I fail to get a loony out of you I'm not doing my job..

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I think he did some remarkable things early on, then kinda plateaued if not went downhill. We clearly got him after he peaked.

1701265408569.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.