It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Excellent ideas here.

Nothing attracts top coaching talent like firing a staff who is two seasons in after they win at least 20 games, with a top 10 class despite having Sunbelt tier facilities and being out spent in recruiting (hard verified compliant money) 2-1 by the team that beat them yesterday, with no apparent sense of urgency from their bosses in the UAA to fix it. I'm sure top can't miss candidates (like Frost, Kelly, and Morris) will be beating down our door to sign up.

Are their tweaks to the staff I think we need, sure. Will those make or break everything and allow us break through as a national powerhouse? Nope.

Love you guys, but damn.
giphy.gif

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
You've spent several weeks calling anyone who shared a sentiment like the one you just stated above as "sh!tbird" fans. Does this mean you are a sh!tbird fan too?

Dr. Psychopathic Fukkenstein, the team that played LSU would have whipped Georgia. If you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. The LSU game was a fantastic effort. Against UGA it was discombobulated from the start. Cursed, snakebit, doomed, in delicto flagrante. Call it what you want it was a sh!t show by any other name. Grantham makes too much money to just lay back in the same **** and get carved up when his two best players are in the lineup. He tried a few things but it just wasn’t planned well enough over two weeks to be effective. Mullen couldn’t convert third down almost all game. Contrast that with the LSU game. There’s your objective metric of a good scheme and a well called game.

As for sh!tbirds and their definition, they are fans who are unfair to the team and coaches when they go down valiantly. I think as fans, while stopping short of moral victories, if we truly love the team we should acknowledge when they’ve effectively given their best effort even in defeat. That didn’t happen yesterday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dr. Psychopathic Fukkenstein, the team that played LSU would have whipped Georgia. If you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you. The LSU game was a fantastic effort. Against UGA it was discombobulated from the start. Cursed, snakebit, doomed, in delicto flagrante. Call it what you want it was a sh!t show by any other name. Grantham makes too much money to just lay back in the same **** and get carved up when his two best players are in the lineup. He tried a few things but it just wasn’t planned well enough over two weeks to be effective. Mullen couldn’t convert third down almost all game. Contrast that with the LSU game. There’s your objective metric of a good scheme and a well called game.

As for sh!tbirds and their definition, they are fans who are unfair to the team and coaches when they go down valiantly. I think as fans, while stopping short of moral victories, if we truly love the team we should acknowledge when they’ve effectively given their best effort even in defeat. That didn’t happen yesterday.
What a sh!tbird. I am ashamed of you, good sir.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent ideas here.

Nothing attracts top coaching talent like firing a staff who is two seasons in after they win at least 20 games, with a top 10 class despite having Sunbelt tier facilities and being out spent in recruiting (hard verified compliant money) 2-1 by the team that beat them yesterday, with no apparent sense of urgency from their bosses in the UAA to fix it. I'm sure top can't miss candidates (like Frost, Kelly, and Morris) will be beating down our door to sign up.

Are their tweaks to the staff I think we need, sure. Will those make or break everything and allow us break through as a national powerhouse? Nope.

Love you guys, but damn.
giphy.gif
Try reading more than the OP, dork.

And if you are fine with the coaching and effort we saw yesterday, no problem. Most of us are not, and it has nothing to do with recruiting.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Try reading more than the OP, dork.

And if you are fine with the coaching and effort we saw yesterday, no problem. Most of us are not, and it has nothing to do with recruiting.

Weeeeelllll I don’t know about all that Sherlock. One of the bigger issues with the coaching display yesterday was that it gave lie to the idea that Mullen can coach his way around the poor recruiting of the past and into the good recruiting of the future, based on Xs and Os and player development and smoke and mirrors. Yesterday proved that isn’t going to happen without massive institutional support and a single minded hair on fire sense of urgency by the UAA. When is the last time we’ve been outclassed at virtually every position?

We should hire a crew to dynamite the O Dome tomorrow if we were serious about playing winning football.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crete, I love you man but saying anyone but Belichik is calling the Patriots D is akin to saying that Saban is not running Bama's D or Smart is not running UGA's D. It is known than Belichik has taken over the D this year. Not saying Bert is helping, but running it, no f'ing way.
Nothing lightens the mood after a loss like a Bert post/thread.....

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Fire Grantham, English and Knox, replace them with recruiters, and we’re headed in the right direction. This is a business, and you don’t run successful businesses with terrible staff. If Mullen does not make changes THIS off season, not next, this whole thing is over and we’ll just be counting down the days.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fire Grantham, English and Knox, replace them with recruiters, and we’re headed in the right direction. This is a business, and you don’t run successful businesses with terrible staff. If Mullen does not make changes THIS off season, not next, this whole thing is over and we’ll just be counting down the days.
I don't think a single one of those guys is going anywhere. Grantham is getting an extension.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It is true: they do remove some of your brain when you make LCDR. Retirement will be good for you - might regrow some of that brain.

No coach makes it through a game with zero head scratchers, or are you forgetting Kirby Dumb’s fake punt or the travesty that was the end of the USC game. Or do those not count now? Sober up.
I agree with your take overall about Mullen being better than average as far as running the program on a day to day basis(recruiting aside) but he has proven again and again to be a poor big game coach and moreover when was the last time we came out and knocked someone's d!ck in the dirt before midway through the 2nd half? I appreciate that we don't fade down the stretch however it's not a crime to score more than 10-14 points in the 1st half of a football game.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Was the defensive effort better against LSU? I guess your still going on your belief that if we would have had Greenard and ZU for that game, that we would have shut them out. What's even more funny is now your gonna point out the same deficiencies to this team and coaching staff that many of us have been pointing out for awhile now, but I guess the light comes on for some of us a little quicker than others.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone think Durkin would come back as DC? His defenses were spotty at times but our talent level would instantly jump up at least one star higher than the current defensive roster and until we get "elite" talent I prefer a 4 man front base defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing attracts top coaching talent like firing a staff who is two seasons in after they win at least 20 games, with a top 10 class despite having Sunbelt tier facilities and being out spent in recruiting (hard verified compliant money) 2-1 by the team that beat them yesterday, with no apparent sense of urgency from their bosses in the UAA to fix it.

It isnt 2-1. It is probably 10-1. they have two times more recruiting staff and we have total staff.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This will also spur additional job growth for Gainesville hospitals, Papa Johns franchises and we'd need to quadruple our police force to accommodate his return.
It would also require the university to expand their trophy cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.