Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
NIL, NLI--could the whole thing have been a misunderstanding because someone in the process has dyslexia?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt top rated guys , or any of them really, make these decisions based on one thing.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Can we close this topic, who cares at this point?
Really. Why should we care about an NIL deal gone wrong that makes the university look like a joke? Nothing to see here. Watch for every announcer for every game we play next year talk about the failure to close the deal with a committed 5 star QB. No biggie. That should help us going forward.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe deserves its own thread

Florida considers changing name, image, likeness law to level the playing field

A proposal began moving forward Tuesday in the Florida House that would allow colleges and universities to steer endorsement deals and compensation opportunities toward student-athletes.

The House Postsecondary Education & Workforce Subcommittee unanimously approved the bill (HB 99). The measure would make a significant change to a law, known as a name, image and likeness law, that allows college athletes to get paid.

The Legislature passed the law in 2020, and it went into effect in July 2021. Under the law, colleges and universities and their employees are barred from causing “compensation to be directed” to student-athletes.

The proposal filed for the 2023 legislative session would eliminate that restriction.

Florida was one of six states that enacted athlete-pay laws that forbid schools and booster organizations from getting involved in athletes securing deals, a House staff analysis said.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who should we get all excited about next only to be massively let down? Can I get any traction going on Sam Huard?

I imagine you probably could. But please, no pics or even stories about it. This is a family site, and it’s almost dinner time. Enjoy though.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

A proposal began moving forward Tuesday in the Florida House that would allow colleges and universities to steer endorsement deals and compensation opportunities toward student-athletes.

The House Postsecondary Education & Workforce Subcommittee unanimously approved the bill (HB 99). The measure would make a significant change to a law, known as a name, image and likeness law, that allows college athletes to get paid.

The Legislature passed the law in 2020, and it went into effect in July 2021. Under the law, colleges and universities and their employees are barred from causing “compensation to be directed” to student-athletes.

The proposal filed for the 2023 legislative session would eliminate that restriction.

Florida was one of six states that enacted athlete-pay laws that forbid schools and booster organizations from getting involved in athletes securing deals, a House staff analysis said.
Yes, it does... deserve its own thread. But I think.there is one?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Rashada family are a bunch of bums and punks . They can go break a leg for all I care

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really. Why should we care about an NIL deal gone wrong that makes the university look like a joke? Nothing to see here. Watch for every announcer for every game we play next year talk about the failure to close the deal with a committed 5 star QB. No biggie. That should help us going forward.
I think Rashada looks far worse than UF - no fans like this NIL crapola.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How crazy is it that at one point we had Stokes and Rashada and now we have neither.
Monday morning QB here but at the time I did not like getting rid of Stokes. That decision might come back to bite us in the butt.
It most certainly will not

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Don't release him. Let the NIL entity sue him and his parents for breach of contract. Ruin the whole mess, lawyers and all and put it on national media every day. No mercy, no quarter.
This is what I said I think almost 2 weeks ago now... deny it, hopefully the NCAA sticks with UF, and never release him... Union busting 101.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Politicians fuched it up. This explains a ton. Fix it fast, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator