Jags fire Urban Meyer

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The Saints had paper bags and were the Ain'ts, The Jaguars need something similar. Well, the Gags, obviously.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Retained for how long? In sync? I am told? By whom? I don't think this means squat. I do agree Kahn is not a football guru. Keep Baalke around through the search and listen to others who know how to evaluate coaches is one possibility. When the smoke clears and Kahn is comfortable with the coach and the coach is not comfortable with Baalke, then aren't all whispers, speculation, and reports off the table.

Meh. I don't buy it as it's being advertised.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Worst roster in the league and he’s retained. That’s like keeping Grantham after the defense he put out there in ‘20. Kahn is proving to suck out loud as an owner.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I’m starting to question the Weavers for selling the team to this goober…we have to be the worst team in the league under his watch…even our 1 good year we had 6 losses regular season…terrible

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Makes me wish Shahid Khan was successful in his first attempt to own the Rams organization. Of course, he ends up here in Jax.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Retained for how long? In sync? I am told? By whom? I don't think this means squat. I do agree Kahn is not a football guru. Keep Baalke around through the search and listen to others who know how to evaluate coaches is one possibility. When the smoke clears and Kahn is comfortable with the coach and the coach is not comfortable with Baalke, then aren't all whispers, speculation, and reports off the table.

Meh. I don't buy it as it's being advertised.
The hope was you fire Baalke, hire a new GM, and the GM hires the coach. You also limit your potential candidates when the GM is already in place.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The hope was you fire Baalke, hire a new GM, and the GM hires the coach. You also limit your potential candidates when the GM is already in place.

He may or not be the Gm once a coach is selected. All this based on "I heard that". Kahn may not be a football guy, but he's not stupid.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It appears that the news that he will be retained is coming from Jag's headquarters. I have no inside information to confirm that. I still maintain that if Baalke, the semi-appointed GM ,dampens the enthusiasm of the HC Kahn wants, then Baalke tenure is N.F.L.

Based on what you ask? Nothing, other than the fact that Kahn is not stupid.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In light of the news Shad Khan is retaining Baalke,

I hate being a jag fan. Mike White kicks me in the balls. Then, Shad Khan comes along and finishes me off. Someone off this owner so we can have a real owner rather than this clown.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did one of you guys do this? :lol:

0c6ff3ca74fbc8cb110c1453bd3f4728.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They should just go full retard and hire Mullen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.