Jags fire Urban Meyer

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015

00h0h_dcbZCU7IUMbz_09e0bi_600x450.jpg

"Go see if that chick that gave me a crotch dance is available this weekend. I need some stress relief!"

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You got to believe he will run back to the college game. No way he leaves the field as a failure and it really seems like his chances at his current position ending as anything other than a failure are smaller than a Grantham defensive front.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
There are some real gems in there:

During a staff meeting, Meyer delivered a biting message that he's a winner and his assistant coaches are losers, according to several people informed of the contents of the meeting, challenging each coach individually to explain when they've ever won and forcing them to defend their résumés.

Several Jaguars players vented their frustration to Rams players after that game, sources say, reiterating a common complaint that Meyer -- who had no prior NFL experience -- doesn't treat them like adults.

After opening the preseason with consecutive losses, for instance, sources say Meyer informed assistants that he was sick of being embarrassed and if the team didn't start winning immediately, some of them wouldn't be around for a second year.

g8trjax

Aug 26, 2018

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Must be really actually close to happening.

@AaronWilson_NFL: Darrell Bevell, interim coach for Lions last year, in addition to Charlie Strong, are the prime in-house candidates if Jaguars move on from embattled coach Urban Meyer, per sources. Meyer's relationships with staff and players are frayed beyond repair, sources say.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
You got to believe he will run back to the college game. No way he leaves the field as a failure and it really seems like his chances at his current position ending as anything other than a failure are smaller than a Grantham defensive front.
Bet he's sad that both Notre Dame and Florida hired new coaches this year instead of next year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want Urban Liar gone as much as I want Mr. Turd himself, Mike White given the boot. Get him out of Jacksonville.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m surprised and yet I’m not. The tricks that Meyer deployed at the college level, all aimed at control, were never going to fly in the NFL. I expected him to unravel over the loss of control but not to the degree he has. The entire season has been one gross miscalculation after another. I can’t see it as fixable.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I pay zero attention to the NFL but this gem of self-destruction made me laugh out loud:

upload_2021-12-13_9-12-50.png

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I really think all this is being overblown. Their defense is decent but the offense is atrocious. Rookie QB with no OL and not a single decent receiver. Recipe for disaster.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:headslap:

You guys are amazing........ All of these "so called" stories are unverified and from un-named sources.... How can you not have even a little doubt that these rumors are true?

I'm not a Urban Fan Boy but I don't believe anything from un-named sources reported by ESPN.

Seems like your Urban hate is so strong that you will gladly accept any negative news that washes up on the beach..... because it fit's your narrative.

I don't like Urban and I don't like the Jags and I hate ESPN and the NFL! Screw them all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator