Jags release Tim Tebow; haters rejoice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Evangelicals get a FacePalm from MJM...Does Jesus bother you that much? Brother...You can have the peace that goes beyond understanding.
Let me splain something to you. Showing people that something triggers you ISNT the way to make it stop.

Community college hot dog boy.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
are there any Powerpoint slides with pie charts? I'm more of a visual person.

probably need a Zoom session so Nola can share his screen

Funny you should say that...my camera went out on my laptop...today

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This whole page has become a terrific read. Like most of you I’m sure, I’m still in the fence on the Tebow play vs sex thing. I give the edge to Law because of his background, but Nola’s bringing bullet points to the discussion. Hadn’t expected that, and it’s leveling the playing field for sure.

And most importantly, he didn't put periods at the end of those bullets. That's high quality professional presentation formatting. If I see periods at the end of bullets I immediately know this person doesn't understand how to communicate to professionals.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And most importantly, he didn't put periods at the end of those bullets. That's high quality professional presentation formatting. If I see periods at the end of bullets I immediately know this person doesn't understand how to communicate to professionals.

Corollary - in my line of work:

It’s On-premises - NOT On-premise

wbo3etxb40q51.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If his name was T-Boy homies be marching in the streets and grabbing widescreens until he got he shot.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
No. Please provide more information, preferably video evidence.

:suspect:
No evidence. I believe that it was a practice and Tim was on the sidelines. It was reported in the media that AH caught a pass and headed toward out of bounds as the safety approached with Tebow yelling for Hernandez to run over the safety.
What can be found is the incredible meeting between Tebow and a safety, Eric Berry, an incredible collision that does credit to the manhood of both combatants.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Keyshawn Johnson, former NFLer who's ego had always out-shined his playing ability, takes
exception to Urban's interest in his former qb star. Check out his little rant:

Keyshawn Johnson rants against Tim Tebow signing
By Riley GatesFri May 14 2021

"Urban Meyer and the Jacksonville Jaguars have been negatively in the headlines over the last few weeks with the reports that the team is bringing in the former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback and current ESPN analyst Tim Tebow as a tight end for the Jaguars. While there are countless people who have criticized Meyer for the reported move, ESPN Radio host and former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson went on a lengthy rant on Friday afternoon’s edition of The Paul Finebaum Show.

Urban Meyer decides he’s going to reach out, or whatever, his quarterback reached out to him from college in Tim Tebow, who was a fabulous college quarterback, not so well in the pros, eight years removed,” Johnson began. “The theory or the thought is, ‘We’re going to work him out and possibly sign him.’ You know how many players are removed from the NFL in one, two, three years that could still play and not 34 years old, 33 years old, that can’t get a workout, can’t get a sniff because people just assume they don’t want to deal with them, for whatever reason? And Tim Tebow gets the opportunity eight years removed, could get the opportunity, eight years removed. And not only at the position he was drafted at, (but) at another position he never played.

“It’s like me all of a sudden coming out of retirement and saying, ‘I want to play outside linebacker. I want to play safety.’ Something I’ve never done before. Now, all of a sudden, Bill Belichick signs me, and I’ve never done it before, just because he knows me and I played for him with the New York Jets. It’s not right, it’s not fair, it’s not — and that’s why the stink. It has nothing to do with Tim Tebow being polarizing. I think they would say this to anybody that was removed from the NFL for eight years, sitting on the sidelines that did not have an NFL career, and then all of a sudden, he gets another bite at the apple.

“Now, if you told me that Brett Favre wanted to come back and play, people would go, ‘Oh, he’s old, he probably can’t get away from anybody, but he’s Brett Favre and he can throw the football. Let’s take a look.’ Different. Big difference."

......................................................................................................................................................................

Ah, poor Keyshawn! I remember one sports show where Keyshawn was quoted as seeing himself as the premier pass catcher in the league. Sports caster Deion Sanders then quipped, "Now let me tell you, Keyshawn isn't all that. Why, I could come out of this suit right now and cover Keyshawn". Not much longer after that, Sanders was back in the league, while Keyshawn's career flagged.

247Sports’ Nick Kosko contributed to this report

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The mistake they made was almost immediately playing the race angle, insinuating that it was Tim’s whiteness that got him the look. Now, it seems pretty obvious that any time you hear criticism, particularly from someone black, that’s the root issue. It had no place in this discussion, and once again, just waters down their whole point.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The mistake they made was almost immediately playing the race angle, insinuating that it was Tim’s whiteness that got him the look. Now, it seems pretty obvious that any time you hear criticism, particularly from someone black, that’s the root issue. It had no place in this discussion, and once again, just waters down their whole point.

One trick ponies

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.