Jags release Tim Tebow; haters rejoice

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So anyone watching? Any targets? Any receptions?

He was just targeted but not a good throw and he tipped it up and it got intercepted, but then reversed on review as it hit the ground. Was not a good play.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

His block looked alot like a RB that's never blocked before. Tims 250lbs alone isn't going to budge a DL in the NFL. TE isn't a natural position for him.

Still ... did he get to the right guy? There's that!

I didn't watch.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Completely effective block. The hate spewed is nauseating.
Exactly

He had a pass meant for him...stolen

His block was not a missed block...it did not affect the play.

And he learned under Mullen...Right side block?...ENOUGH SAID

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly

He had a pass meant for him...stolen

His block was not a missed block...it did not affect the play.

And he learned under Mullen...Right side block?...ENOUGH SAID
Worst part is Barstool seems to be obsessed with trying to humiliate him and even ridicule his faith....pretty disgusting.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
There was a play ( 4th !?)Tebow was wide open to the right but the 4th,5th whatever string QB didn't even look his way, instead took off left for little to no gain.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I feel like I’m a pretty balanced person when it comes to Tebow, and I am in no way saying this experiment will work. But comments like those above on Barstools say a lot about why many truly don’t like him. Not saying it’s the only reason for their criticism, but certainly dispels the idea that it has nothing to do with who he is outside of football.

Meanwhile we’ll keep lauding guys who are on their 5th kid with as many women and/or saying how the media is making a good guy out to be a monster after their 3rd arrest and life’s all about second chances.

Makes no difference to me. Regardless, Tim will go on to have a far superior life than many of the guys they fall in love with, and in the end it will somehow be his and his parents’ fault. I’m good with that.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Tim will go on to have a far superior life than many of the guys they fall in love with......
Regardless of how this experiment with the Jags works out, Tim is, and always has been
a fine example what a good American should be.
But as far as that block he attempted, my grandmother can throw
a better block than that!

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Cleveland had the ball for 33 minutes but it seemed longer than that. It also seemed like Jax spread the ball around enough that there should've been more opportunities for Tebow, but when you look at the box score, there were 10 guys who got just one target like he did. Four more got two. Tim's got to get over that learning curve quick and really max out his practice reps. I hope he gets two shots next time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I must be the only one who gets the crescendo of this whole mirage. Regardless of how many of us thought Tebow should have become a 5 tool player out of college vs. trying to play QB is irrelevant. This is the here and now and this is what is going to happen.

In the last preseason game prior to cut downs it is so perfect. Leyer has become the Fags head coach. He has signed Tebow as a TE. Late in that preseason game near the goal line, Leyer inserts Tebow in at QB to take the direct snap. Of course the defense is thinking QB power (a Leyer staple). But NO, as Tebow nears the line of scrimmage he goes up for the infamous Jump Pass (another Leyer staple) to the TE........HIMSELF. It is the master plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.