Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
As someone in my 50s, I routinely have to spar with much younger folks. Tyson's stamina will not be a problem. He knows how to relax and breathe. Jake Paul does as well and has fought longer fights.

I have said there is not man on the planet I wouldn't get in the ring for the right amount of money. Not saying I would win or even last 1 round. There are 2 exceptions to that. Mike Tyson and Francis Ngannou. Even at 58, Tyson scares me way more than Ngannou and I think hits harder. Tyson ended MFers careers. Jake Paul hasn't fought a real boxer yet. He's about to be the next example on "you just got jacked up!!".
How much would you take to get punched by Francis. I think 10 million should be sufficient funds for my family once I'm gone.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
How much would you take to get punched by Francis. I think 10 million should be sufficient funds for my family once I'm gone.

I think I could play much better defense against Ngannou in a boxing match than an MMA rule bought. Tyson? Hell no. Eating mashed potatoes thru a straw the rest of my life isn't worth 10 mil.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
As someone in my 50s, I routinely have to spar with much younger folks. Tyson's stamina will not be a problem. He knows how to relax and breathe. Jake Paul does as well and has fought longer fights.

I have said there is not man on the planet I wouldn't get in the ring for the right amount of money. Not saying I would win or even last 1 round. There are 2 exceptions to that. Mike Tyson and Francis Ngannou. Even at 58, Tyson scares me way more than Ngannou and I think hits harder. Tyson ended MFers careers. Jake Paul hasn't fought a real boxer yet. He's about to be the next example on "you just got jacked up!!".
It's the adrenalin though.
You know this as well as anyone. I know you had to fight to advance and get to the next level.
Not sparring, actual competition. There's a huge difference.

I used to wrestle for 20 minutes straight. We had 4 guys wrestling the starters for two minutes each, then tag out. Starters stayed on the mat for 20 minutes. You get a fresh opponent every two minutes.
Still, in a real 6 minute match, I was drained.
So much so, I couldn't even lift my forearms.

Not sure Tyson can last three rounds chasing that punk azz.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Tyson has a Samson moment and for one last time goes out and ends a guy's career. We should be thanking Jake Paul for taking this risk; he's a schitbag human who is begging for karma to visit him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone in my household hopes Tyson breaks it off in Paul

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aside from age, there is a significant height and reach differential.

Paul will want to move, run, and keep Tyson at bay with the jab--try to wear the old man out and stay away from Tyson's power.

Tyson, even at his age, possesses power Jake Paul hasn't tasted before--real, world-class heavyweight boxer power.

Tyson will want to corner him, get in tight, and have this fight in phone booth where he can land that deadly uppercut.

Fcuk Jake Paul.

I don't know if Tyson can beat him, but I know who I'm pulling for. I hope the fix isn't in (but it wouldn't surprise me). I hope Tyson sees this as more than just a payday and prepares for this fight like it's Rocky IV.

Alex.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think I could play much better defense against Ngannou in a boxing match than an MMA rule bought. Tyson? Hell no. Eating mashed potatoes thru a straw the rest of my life isn't worth 10 mil.
I'm surprised you think you'd survive.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

You may want to add Anthony Joshua to your list after what happened last night.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Guys, if this is a legit fight, there is no way in hell Jake Paul will beat Mike Tyson. No disrespect to anybody that posted in this thread, but all the talk about Tyson's 57 so he's at a disadvantage, stamina is an issue, adrenaline is an issue, Tyson needs to get inside of Paul, etc. is crazy talk. Even if Tyson didn't train, he'd kill Jake Paul. You're talking about a legit professional boxer, who was the world champion in the heavyweight division. He fought the best in the business for 30+ years, starting from about 13 years old in the amateur ranks, through the Olympic trials and all the way to the pros. This is on top of having grown up as a streetfighter in a rough section of New York. Jake Paul, on the other hand, is a former Disney TV star and YouTuber who took up boxing 6 years ago and has fought some handpicked guys that were tailor made for him. He has some skills relative to the average person but that's it. There is no way Jake Paul could win this fight...IF it was a real fight. Mike Tyson would absolutely murder him in the first round if he really tried.

However, this won't be a real fight. This will be more like an exhibition, similar to when Tyson fought Roy Jones, Jr. 6 or so years ago. Neither guy really went full speed and it was more like a friendly sparring match. I think this is what we'll see and it will go down as a draw. I doubt this will even be sanctioned so the result won't go on either fighter's record. If it is sanctioned, I just can't see Tyson holding back on knocking this guy out, for pride and reputation sake alone, unless he's that desperate for a paycheck, and a second paycheck in the "rematch".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.