Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Modern boxers aren't trained to fight bare-knuckle.

"Keep your gloves up" is how they protect their heads using the gloves as padding/cushioning.

There's a good chance they'd hurt their hands striking their opponent's head too.

That's why MMA uses open-finger gloves. Without gloves, there wouldn't be much striking (and a lot more bleeding). MMA competition gloves are very light.

Alex.
For a good example of what Alex is talking about, check out Bas Rutten in pancrase.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Modern boxers aren't trained to fight bare-knuckle.

"Keep your gloves up" is how they protect their heads using the gloves as padding/cushioning.

There's a good chance they'd hurt their hands striking their opponent's head too.

That's why MMA uses open-finger gloves. Without gloves, there wouldn't be much striking (and a lot more bleeding). MMA competition gloves are very light.

Alex.
Strange, I know, because I didn't think it existed either.
I just watched a bare knuckle title fight last weekend. Was just flipping through the channels , late night.

Bare Knuckle fighting league

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
and he would be in ICU for a few days/weeks.
Nah, it’d be a morgue; but the good news is you’re usually only there for a few days. And while there aren’t any private rooms, you do get your own drawer which is nice - tho they tend to be a little chilly.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how legit that is. I’ve seen interviews with him where he has talked about how much Jake Paul has helped boxing. How much he has brought new fans into boxing. And how he doesn’t like when other boxers bash him because he has done so much good for the sport.

He said Jake Paul has more social media followers than any belt holder. And therefore drives more money into the sport than any boxer. He said it’s good for boxing.

I think Jake Paul is a tool. I’m just saying what I’ve heard Mike Tyson say in interviews.

But none of that means that Mike Tyson is not gonna train and not try to beat his ass in the ring.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's highly unusual for boxers to say outrageous things about their opponent when promoting a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator