Jeff Driskel Dominates at Combine

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel's time of 4.56 was faster than 17 wide receivers. He also finished with a better mark than Demarcus Robinson, his teammate at Florida, who ran a 4.59.
:facepalm:

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Was never Jeff's Athleticism that was questionable. Was always between the ears with him. And you can thank Champ for that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He should have taken the path of Jordan Reed and moved to slot receiver/TE hybrid. Could have had a good career in the League.

Was never Jeff's Athleticism that was questionable. Was always between the ears with him. And you can thank Champ for that.

Can't blame that entirely on Champ. The book on Driskel now is the same as it was coming out of HS, can't read defenses and makes poor decisions with the ball.

He was always a running back thinly disguised. I know, I know, he has that strong arm. So did Reed. Reed could throw the ball 75 yards also.

He is by all accounts a nice guy. I hope Cleveland or Jax make him rich.

Last edited:

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
He should have taken the path of Jordan Reed and moved to slot receiver/TE hybrid. Could have had a good career in the League.

Can't blame that entirely on Champ. The book on Driskel now is the same as it was coming out of HS, can't read defenses and makes poor decisions with the ball.

His best year in HS was 1000 yards passing and nearly 2000 running. He was always a running back thinly disguised. I know, I know, he has that strong arm. So did Reed. Reed could throw the ball 75 yards also.
I can agree with that. Champ didn't do him any favors though that's for sure.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Other QBs have made the leap to WR or TE after the draft. Maybe JD will get the hint. I wish him the best, whatever opportunity he's given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised he outran Robinson who never got good separation on deep routes usually.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just continues the WTF with the CF @ QB type feelings we've had for a half decade now...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, boy. If he gets drafted and makes a roster certain folks are gonna' freak. :giggle:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the next Matt Jones?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
the next Matt Jones?

I doubt that. Too much on tape to allow someone to over draft like that probably being the QB position but you never know I guess. Did our 1st round O lineman do much this season anyone know?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard some guys hoping to get drafted as punt returners were returning some of
Jeff's crossing passes.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Other QBs have made the leap to WR or TE after the draft. Maybe JD will get the hint. I wish him the best, whatever opportunity he's given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or he'll end up with the Red Sox. I believe he was drafted by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator