Jeff Driskel Dominates at Combine

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Quality article.

"The conversation I've heard a lot of GMs talk about is who's the next Kurt Cousins?

I imagine Kirk Cousins feels the pressure.

==========

Florida used him in a lot of ways as an athlete. He's a little bit of a dark horse.

Such as the drop back sack, the scramble-fumble-rooskie, and the "Fair Play" route where you share the ball with opposing DBs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, boy. If he gets drafted and makes a roster certain folks are gonna' freak. :giggle:
Oh, he will get drafted. This is the worst QB class ever that I recall. Most projections have a 1AA and a Div 2 QB as the top two guys.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JEFF IS NOT A QB!!!

If an NFL team drafts him to play QB, they are wasting a pick. In 5 years, his game never changed. He can't read a defense, can't throw a receiver open, can't complete the long ball and just looks scared in the pocket. These NFL execs need to turn on the tape - it won't lie. Sure he looks good in practice, with no pass rush, but put him against a defense and he pays more attention to the D-Line rushing him, than he does to his receivers downfield.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'd like to see him get drafted and make some bank but I don't think there's a long term future in the league for him. If he isn't stubborn and agrees to give hybrid TE a shot he may stick around a little longer.....HOWEVER there is no way he could make a serious run at being a full time TE in the NFL where TE's are often ask to take on fire breathing 250-260# DE's and LB's. He does not have the upper body build/type nor has he practiced the blocking techniques required by even college TE's. There's a reason you don't see many freshmen playing TE in CFB, It's not the easiest position to learn and play and we also don't know if he even has good hands.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a bad qb draft at the top end of the position, but a much deeper group for round 3-6 than last year. A good number of 2's and 3's will come out of this years draft. Maybe one of those will be an average starter down the line, but there doesn't appear to be a special talent in this draft.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Former Arky QB Matt Jones blew up the combine as well. That worked out well for him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Former Arky QB Matt Jones blew up the combine as well. That worked out well for him.
yeah, that's who I was referring to, but didn't he have some personal issues as well?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New Former Arky QB Matt Jones blew up the combine as well. That worked out well for him.

Worked out as a Wide Receiver. He was also drafted as a Wide Receiver in the first round.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt that. Too much on tape to allow someone to over draft like that probably being the QB position but you never know I guess. Did our 1st round O lineman do much this season anyone know?

Humphries (1st round - Cardinals) - overall a disappointment, but getting better (didn't actually play in a game, from what I can gather)
https://arizonasports.com/story/440446/nfl-com-d-j-humphries-one-of-most-disappointing-rookies/

Green (3rd round - Cowboys) - got hurt and had hip surgery last summer

Garcia (4th round - Broncos) - played more than any other UF rookie O-lineman and won a super bowl (5 starts at OG)

Brown (7th round - Niners) - Improved throughout the year and even started a game later in the season
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-trent-brown-finding-way-with-49ers/78095122/

Tyler Moore - (not drafted - picked up by the Bears in July and released in September)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Joey Bosa looks like he may be a dud after his poor showing at the combine.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mydock wouldn't get off his jock while he was working out.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I thought he was saying last week that he was the #1 player there. quote: “I do believe I’m the best player in the draft,” he said.
https://medinagazette.northcoastnow...d-make-decision-difficult-for-browns-at-no-2/
gallery_298_17_218.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
JEFF IS NOT A QB!!!

If an NFL team drafts him to play QB, they are wasting a pick. In 5 years, his game never changed. He can't read a defense, can't throw a receiver open, can't complete the long ball and just looks scared in the pocket. These NFL execs need to turn on the tape - it won't lie. Sure he looks good in practice, with no pass rush, but put him against a defense and he pays more attention to the D-Line rushing him, than he does to his receivers downfield.
I've been saying it for 4 years and will continue to. Driskel is a "panic artist" who plays scared! All anyone has to do is turn on the tape and see him crumble under pressure,repeatedly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.