Jeff Driskel transferring to LA Tech

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind seeing them move deiondre porter back to the offensive side of the ball. Atleast give him a look at qb. He threw for over 3000 yards his senior year. We need all the options possible and at worst maybe he develops into a solid back up for a few years.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138018 said:
He looked totally lost and like a basket case project as a freshmen and never changed a bit (at least during when he wasn't wearing a red no-contact jersey).
I knew we had a problem with Jeff when he couldn't find the where withal to throw the ball away but instead would run out of bounds taking a big loss -- repeatedly. He just wasn't "wired right" for a QB and couldn't get out of his own way in the pocket AND playing for the chump didn't help matters.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For sure. Never comfortable or at least seemed to be in control as a QB.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n138059 said:
This. The other players just want to see the best people starting. Special treatment breeds locker room dissension.
Just my opinion, but if Treon can't keep his nose a little cleaner, he's likely cutting his own throat where being able to lead is concerned. It'll be interesting to see how he develops in the throw game.

As for Jeff...sorry it didn't work out at UF. Appreciate the effort and your being a good teammate. Good luck with the transfer.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Law98gator;n138018 said:
No he wasn't. He was given 5 star by some, 4 star by others. All said he needed work on (shocker) reading defenses and pocket presence.

He had some shocking fundamental issues such as failing to keep his eyes up on his WRs. Those are middle school level fundamentals. Once you look down at the line there is almost no way to recover and try to check progressions with 23 other bodies moving full speed in all directions.

He has never had any touch on his throws, just tries to rifle it, not giving his receivers a chance to run under it, and we've all seen his accuracy issues.

He looked totally lost and like a basket case project as a freshmen and never changed a bit (at least during when he wasn't wearing a red no-contact jersey). It's hard to fix anything else when he has the eye issues. It's like trying to teach a kid to hit a softball when he won't keep his eyes open.

He was a run first guy in high school and that's his skill set plain and simple. Unfortunately as a runner he's fast but not particularly shifty and not powerful. He takes a lot of hits. He could never be that Tebow type to run the ball 30 times a game.

Poor quarterback play is not the only reason for our poor offensive output. Don't forget the criticism leveled at our offensive line and wide receivers; plenty of whiffed blocks, blown assignments, and dropped passes to go around. And let's not forget the pitiful offensive play calling and scheming. With the lack of production from other positions and the lack of coaching, it is certainly plausible that, not just Jeff, but most of our offensive players suffered from poor coaching and development.

Jeff did not produce on the field but he did represent UF well. If he transfers, I wish him the best.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad Duke and NC State don't meet next season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n138102]Too bad Duke and NC State don't meet next season. [/QUOTE]

Jacoby is done, isn't he?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it wasn't all on Jeff, there was plenty to go around.
florida.gif

UF_OL_block_each_other.jpg

GatorsPlayers2_0.JPG

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n138038 said:
Even the option stuff ran better with any other person on the field.
To me this was the biggest issue of all. This team was and still is to a degree a hodge podge of offensive talent. We would have been better off running a run based option offense for the last 4 years. Why not? It was obvious that the HC was not open going to open up a passing attack. Doe anybody remember the success we had running out of the Diamond formation at the very beginning of last year.....Why did they stop?? We never had the offensive line,QB's or WR's to establish a pro style ground/play action offense. There is a reason that some programs still run this offense....because they can't recruit the players to do so either. With our defense in 2012 and this year I truly believe we could have gone further that we did.....As sad as that is to say.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law, that is one game. CCC showed multiple games. CCC's evidence is stronger.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n138024 said:
Trenton Brown -@ZachAbolverdi: RT @PAUL_74_BUNYAN: S/o to Brissett and T. Murph for leaving and showing why they should've been playing ✊✊✊

This is not surprising. Wasn't it during the FSU game that Brown and Muschamp got into a pissing match on the sideline?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n138898 said:
Driskel is screwed. LOLOLOLOLOL

You know I love you but you are such a linktard. You always link to the main page.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Law98gator;n138993 said:
You know I love you but you are such a linktard. You always link to the main page.

Dude! There are two links, click on the top one!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n138898 said:
Driskel is screwed. LOLOLOLOLOL
We need to jump all over the Braxton Miller sweepstakes. If he's on the market to transfer, last I checked we didn't have a qb.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n138999 said:
We need to jump all over the Braxton Miller sweepstakes. If he's on the market to transfer, last I checked we didn't have a qb.

Did Harris and Grier both transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.