Jeff Driskel transferring to LA Tech

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His Qb coach at Tech is Tony Petersen. He made stars out of Byron Leftwich, Chad pennington and Raheem Cato. If anyone can fix him. Petersen will.

Stellar coaching and mediocre competition. I think he made a smart move.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n144671 said:
His Qb coach at Tech is Tony Petersen. He made stars out of Byron Leftwich, Chad pennington and Raheem Cato. If anyone can fix him. Petersen will.

Stellar coaching and mediocre competition. I think he made a smart move.

I think you are dead on Law. One thing is clear though. if JD wins the starting job and has even a half-assed decent season with La Tech the indictment of the previous coaching staff here will be undeniable.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Law98gator;n138018 said:
No he wasn't. He was given 5 star by some, 4 star by others. All said he needed work on (shocker) reading defenses and pocket presence.

He had some shocking fundamental issues such as failing to keep his eyes up on his WRs. Those are middle school level fundamentals. Once you look down at the line there is almost no way to recover and try to check progressions with 23 other bodies moving full speed in all directions.

He has never had any touch on his throws, just tries to rifle it, not giving his receivers a chance to run under it, and we've all seen his accuracy issues.

He looked totally lost and like a basket case project as a freshmen and never changed a bit (at least during when he wasn't wearing a red no-contact jersey). It's hard to fix anything else when he has the eye issues. It's like trying to teach a kid to hit a softball when he won't keep his eyes open.

He was a run first guy in high school and that's his skill set plain and simple. Unfortunately as a runner he's fast but not particularly shifty and not powerful. He takes a lot of hits. He could never be that Tebow type to run the ball 30 times a game.
I recall seeing video on Driskel in high school and he looked all world like he was racking up pinball points playing football. His highlights were incredible. I thought he would be a super Gator with his size and speed. Needless to say JD did not deliver and he did not have good coaching in my opinion and his skill players were mediocre. I wish JD well at La Tech and in his future. I kind of wish he went to Duke so we could see what a good offensive coach could do with him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish him luck in whatever may come his way. Now, calling all QB's!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We just need to move on from these past 4 years of nonsense and we finally will. It won't happen overnight but I believe Coach Mac will get us straightened out. Go Gators!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: #Gators QB Jeff Driskel confirms he will enroll at Louisiana Tech; thanks #UF staff and fans for their support: https://t.co/0TBtkKlzVB

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: Driskel: "Although things did not play out on the field as I would have liked, I have no regrets on the choice I made to attend UF."

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to him. He never met expectations with his play on the field, but always represented UF with class. I can respect that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n144951 said:
Good luck to him. He never met expectations with his play on the field, but always represented UF with class. I can respect that.

Hilarious AV. :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How much is a Masters from LaTech worth ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im a bit surprised he didnt land at a BCS school like Murph and Briskett did. Then again I have some trouble imaging Driskel as a grad student at Duke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.