Jeremiah Moon

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think they will be average. There are no All SEC types in that group. They would be special teams guys on our championship teams.

That is pretty much true for our entire roster though, except maybe Scarlett.
our 06 and 08 teams? Not so sure about that. Other than Spikes, who else did you have? Doe, Stamper, AJ Jones? Nice players but I wouldn't put them on a different level over what we have. in 06 you had Siler and Everett who were great and the 3rd guy was Brian Crum. Again, any guy on our roster could have been that 3rd guy. Those teams had great DL and DBs. LBs were fairly average

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what to think of our young LBs because in the games they played they were mostly allowed to just play downhill for the most part because of all our injuries. I think the better offenses will exploit that some with their passing game. I think Shannon is big on letting the LBs play downhill also but he had some big time talent at Miami when he was the DC. Moon did seem to keep decent position however when they slipped someone in that area for a pass.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
our 06 and 08 teams? Not so sure about that. Other than Spikes, who else did you have? Doe, Stamper, AJ Jones? Nice players but I wouldn't put them on a different level over what we have. in 06 you had Siler and Everett who were great and the 3rd guy was Brian Crum. Again, any guy on our roster could have been that 3rd guy. Those teams had great DL and DBs. LBs were fairly average

Did we play mostly 2 LB sets that year? I don't remember but I know Major Wright made a bunch of run stuffing tackles and I wonder if that is what kept the other LBs numbers down some.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think they will be average. There are no All SEC types in that group. They would be special teams guys on our championship teams.

That is pretty much true for our entire roster though, except maybe Scarlett.

Stop it. You probably would have said the same of Jarrad Davis too (actually, you probably did...may have to check the archives).

Look, nobody likes where we are at right now. But please don't downplay the talented players we actually have.

Last edited:

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Did we play mostly 2 LB sets that year? I don't remember but I know Major Wright made a bunch of run stuffing tackles and I wonder if that is what kept the other LBs numbers down some.

Last year we ran a 2 LB look with that Buck hybrid left over from the Muschamp days, with the safety coming up in run support. Seems like I read somewhere where we are going with a more traditional 4-3 with one of the LBs in pass coverage.

I like it. Commits to stopping the run. We are seeing Shannon's style. I believe it fits well against the offenses in our league.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last year we ran a 2 LB look with that Buck hybrid left over from the Muschamp days, with the safety coming up in run support.
The Bammer Saban Buck (they call it Jack now) has nothing to do with us playing 2 LBs. Bammer plays 3 LBs, 1 Jack, and 3 heavy linemen.

We played 2 LBs bc the morons we pay millions to run our program forgot to recruit LBs but had twice as many DBs as needed..... so we played the nickel against running teams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.