Jeremy Foley is directly responsible for this UGA title

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hate to be the grammar Nazi, Ox, but also hate to see the board ownee do it wrong. The expression is "free rein" from horseback riding meaning "unrestricted activity".
Sorry Ancient, but I couldn't say Ox banged your mother last night!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Do the board wussies get brownie points for ganging up with the orner of the board? As if the information here is life saving. SMH

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It went two places:

Fooley obsessed over the nonrev sports and he overfunded them in an effort to be the OG woke AD.

In addition, Fooley pimped himself as the gold standard AD that was so good at his job that he bragged about donating unspent funds to the university.

While Fooley was looking at himself in a mirror, our SEC rivals were investing in their football program in an attempt to maximize performance and revenue.
Ten years later, our rivals have better football programs than us. These football programs are printing money and they are investing the additional funds into the nonrev sports.

The end result is that we have fallen off the map in football AND in the ultimate irony, we are no longer the best at nearly every one of those other sports.

Any business person worth their weight in sh!t would have known that Fooley’s approach was shortsighted but here we are a decade later wondering how Georgia has passed by us in multiple sports.
And yet he's still welcome on campus. Does he sit in on meetings where the new guard explains what a poor job the last AD did directing and guiding UF into the next decades?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do the board wussies get brownie points for ganging up with the orner of the board? As if the information here is life saving. SMH
WTF is your problem? Explain your grievance in detail. Omit nothing.

As for the board "wussies", name names.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please look up the word "directly" in the dictionary

:headslap:

:banghead:

:rolleyes3:

With a Sports Bar attitude, do we waste time worrying about spelling, punctuation, grammar and meaning?

I thinh knot.

:zambo:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Every time I see a new post in this thread I click on it hoping to see the news that Fooley's parking space has been taken away, the locks to his office have been changed and his keys confiscated, his privilege of entering Alachua Co and Gainseburger proper have been revoked and his U.S. citizenship rescinded!!!!!

Other than that, I don't really have any interest.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Every time I see a new post in this thread I click on it hoping to see the news that Fooley's parking space has been taken away, the locks to his office have been changed and his keys confiscated, his privilege of entering Alachua Co and Gainseburger proper have been revoked and his U.S. citizenship rescinded!!!!!

Other than that, I don't really have any interest.
Make sure you turn off his work burner or he'll keep calling Strickland as long as he doesn't have to pay for it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet he's still welcome on campus. Does he sit in on meetings where the new guard explains what a poor job the last AD did directing and guiding UF into the next decades?

That’s just it, I have no idea what he does other than collect a paycheck and take up space

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.