Jimbo wants to give scholly to potential murderer but UAD and Prez wont allow it

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yea yea, I'm sure this will rank right up there with the rest of my awful thread titles but I just have no idea how to properly describe this situation.

Jimbo offers a kid whos implicated in a fed investigation about a murder for organ harvestation and covered up by a father whos FBI. UAD and prez tell him he has to rescind the offer, does so reluctantly. Can't make this stuff up... can't hardly even get my mind around it. Just read.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...minoles-withdraw-brian-bell-scholarship-offer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n170133 said:
Yea yea, I'm sure this will rank right up there with the rest of my awful thread titles but I just have no idea how to properly describe this situation.

Jimbo offers a kid whos implicated in a fed investigation about a murder for organ harvestation and covered up by a father whos FBI. UAD and prez tell him he has to rescind the offer, does so reluctantly. Can't make this stuff up... can't hardly even get my mind around it. Just read.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...olarship-offer
That sounds like an insane plaintiff's attorney to me.

Removing the organs and replacing with newspapers isn't unheard of. I have seen it by a military "trained" embalmer in a low rent mortuary. Stuff gets removed when you get embalmed folks. And none of it would be useful for organ harvesting by the time the cadaver got to the mortuary.

Five police departments are part of the coverup to hide this murder for the purpose of organ harvesting? Whatever. I doubt this survives summary judgement.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Clowns being Clowns and those wanting to be Clowns.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Benjamin Crump is the victim's family lawyer, and asking $100MM in lawsuit. Crump is always around race issues, so there will be more to the story.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n170452 said:
Benjamin Crump is the victim's family lawyer, and asking $100MM in lawsuit. Crump is always around race issues, so there will be more to the story.
You mean it will get more insane than the current allegations?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It has been an ongoing story in north Florida and south Georgia for a long time. There are lots of details left out of that short article...but the parents have not been satisfied with the level of investigation into their son's death. So they are suing everybody in an attempt to get answers. If in their situation, I might feel the same way.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we offer the kid!

We can use the Hernandez Grant in Aid.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Didn't take long for Dumbo to assume the mantle of Big Chief Criminole.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Like TallyGator said, there is a lot of information left out of that short article and like alcoholica said, there is an abundance of race issues involved.

My two sons went to LHS and I'm currently living in Valdosta so I see the rallies and marches and read the articles.

The student, Brian, is an upstanding young gentleman who I've had the pleasure of meeting. I don't know the family but I've met Brian. I'd offer him in a second to play on my team so I don't fault Jimbo here. Plus, he's talented at football.

As to the implication that he and his brother beat up Kendrick after a girl lured him in to the gym, I can't speak to that in any manner as aside from the victims family I've never heard anything to corroborate that theory. Could it be true? I don't know. Could it be a made up story? Possibly. But the Kendrick family is suing everybody in this town trying to find their son's murderer. Can't say I blame them or that I wouldn't do the same but this whole thing is now race related and their theory is that entire organizations, from the School Board and County Coroner's office and local Police and State Police and the Court Systems, are ALL involved in a cover-up.

It's sad on many levels.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n170498 said:
It has been an ongoing story in north Florida and south Georgia for a long time. There are lots of details left out of that short article...but the parents have not been satisfied with the level of investigation into their son's death. So they are suing everybody in an attempt to get answers. If in their situation, I might feel the same way.
Sooooo.... they arent satisfied that those huge gym mats sometimes weigh 800-1000 pounds and that falling on a kid dumb enough to climb in could kill him?

Youre right. A conspiracy between every person in town to kill a black kid and harvest his organs for profit does seem to be much more likely.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law, and some of you other peeps, didn't read any info on this other than this thread, did you?

First, the kid was found rolled up in the middle of this huge gym mat. The rolled mat was standing upright, the kid was head down, feet up in the middle. See the picture on this Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kendrick_Johnson I was going to post the picture, then thought better of it. Supposedly he was trying to retrieve his shoes... Secondly, there is no mention anywhere legitimate about organ harvesting. The coroner did not send the organs as they were "degraded", so it was stuffed with newspaper which is a common practice.

Personally, this whole thing reeks of something, not quite sure what that is. I don't buy the whole accident thing. I just can't imagine a scenario where an athlete would just pull the mat over and retrieve the shoes rather than try to go down from the top...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So if he was trying to retrieve his shoes, were they found inside the mat with his body? Seems like that would corroborate or disprove that theory right from the get go.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n170868 said:
So if he was trying to retrieve his shoes, were they found inside the mat with his body? Seems like that would corroborate or disprove that theory right from the get go.

That's a good point sqatch. What if there weren't any shoes at the bottom of the mat? :eek:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
There were shoes at the bottom and they did discover such. Pics were taken.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There's a bad joke about him looking for shoes and Free Shoes Univ having an offer, but that's as close as I'm going to get to making such a joke.

I obviously don't know the depth of the issue or the locally known details, but from reading the entire article, I'm not knocking FSU. Even Dumbo, I can't knock him or argue he is saying or doing anything wrong. I hate FSU, but they are not at fault for taking this stance - it is, in fact, a safer move on their side than how they have handled other hot issues.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n170842 said:
Law, and some of you other peeps, didn't read any info on this other than this thread, did you?

First, the kid was found rolled up in the middle of this huge gym mat. The rolled mat was standing upright, the kid was head down, feet up in the middle.
No, I didn't, and I won't. If the whackjob ambulance chaser had any actual evidence or even a semilegitimate theory, he would have used it instead of the mass conspiracy organ harvesting men from mars story.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n170589 said:
Like TallyGator said, there is a lot of information left out of that short article and like alcoholica said, there is an abundance of race issues involved.

My two sons went to LHS and I'm currently living in Valdosta so I see the rallies and marches and read the articles.

The student, Brian, is an upstanding young gentleman who I've had the pleasure of meeting. I don't know the family but I've met Brian. I'd offer him in a second to play on my team so I don't fault Jimbo here. Plus, he's talented at football.

As to the implication that he and his brother beat up Kendrick after a girl lured him in to the gym, I can't speak to that in any manner as aside from the victims family I've never heard anything to corroborate that theory. Could it be true? I don't know. Could it be a made up story? Possibly. But the Kendrick family is suing everybody in this town trying to find their son's murderer. Can't say I blame them or that I wouldn't do the same but this whole thing is now race related and their theory is that entire organizations, from the School Board and County Coroner's office and local Police and State Police and the Court Systems, are ALL involved in a cover-up.

It's sad on many levels.

I agree. I have read some stuff on the AJC that say the family is on a witch hunt and now they are after money. Even the NAACP or the Southern Christian Leadership is saying the kid had a bad accident. So far, none of the so called evidence the family has claimed, has been fake / false.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator