Joey Gatewood transfers to Kentucky; Mullen reportedly outraged

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are whispers that Jones is....keeping his options open. Not exactly looking to transfer but not NOT looking also.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are whispers that Jones is....keeping his options open. Not exactly looking to transfer but not NOT looking also.
I figured as much. I think he's getting all these snaps in the middle of the game to keep him happy. That and listing as the starter on the depth chart with trask. They've tried pretty hard to keep him engaged. I'd hate to lose him, for sure.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I figured as much. I think he's getting all these snaps in the middle of the game to keep him happy. That and listing as the starter on the depth chart with trask. They've tried pretty hard to keep him engaged. I'd hate to lose him, for sure.
As I said, play in the bowl game is a tip off to the future, but I expect spring practice to bring a genuine QB competition.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I agree. It sucks. We went nearly a decade without a good QB and then likely have two at the same time, which doesn’t really work in today’s game. I really like having both and you could make an argument that losing either would be awful.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. It sucks. We went nearly a decade without a good QB and then likely have two at the same time, which doesn’t really work in today’s game. I really like having both and you could make an argument that losing either would be awful.
It would suck balls for us and EJ. If he waits his turn, I think our offense will really take off . He's just a perfect fit imo. If he transfers hes gonna have to sit or go juco for a year and then learn a new system. The smart move would be to stay and continue to get mop up duty and be a situational guy for just one more year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It would suck balls for us and EJ. If he waits his turn, I think our offense will really take off . He's just a perfect fit imo. If he transfers hes gonna have to sit or go juco for a year and then learn a new system. The smart move would be to stay and continue to get mop up duty and be a situational guy for just one more year.

Totally agree. Really hope he stays. We’re so close to having a solid QB situation for 6+ years.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven’t seen a single thing that makes me want to keep Jones. If he wants to transfer, so be it. Nothing to me seems he’s some world beater.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I haven’t seen a single thing that makes me want to keep Jones. If he wants to transfer, so be it. Nothing to me seems he’s some world beater.
Have you seen Gatewood? He has an arm like Shytzgerald.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

This, seems like a good kid by all accounts but is way behind Trask in my opinion. Trask has been the starting qb for what 8 or 9 weeks in the last 8 or 9 years? Imagine the progress he'll make between this year and next. I think Trask will be the guy next year with Richardson red shirting and Jones playing a little more than he has this year. Then Jones could be the guy in 2021 but hopefully Richardson is good enough to beat him out. Hopefully Jones stays for depth but wouldn't be surprised at all if he left.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he transfers hes gonna have to sit or go juco for a year and then learn a new system.
That depends on how he plays his cards. There are a number of things he can do to keep from sitting. Gatewood as well. Stay tuned.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If EJ has learned anything, I hope it's some degree of patience. I mean, look at Trask, living proof right in front of him.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This, seems like a good kid by all accounts but is way behind Trask in my opinion. Trask has been the starting qb for what 8 or 9 weeks in the last 8 or 9 years? Imagine the progress he'll make between this year and next. I think Trask will be the guy next year with Richardson red shirting and Jones playing a little more than he has this year. Then Jones could be the guy in 2021 but hopefully Richardson is good enough to beat him out. Hopefully Jones stays for depth but wouldn't be surprised at all if he left.

If the transfer portal has taught us anything, no qb is going to redshirt then sit a year. Too many get butthurt and haul ass if they do not get the call. They are not thinking of the team, just themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.