Johnny Football Starts his First Game in the NFL

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's Johnny Manziel time in Cleveland. That's right, that right, the shy, humble rookie you've all come to know and love will make his debut as starting quarterback before his legions of adoring fans along with the loyal and loud DAWG POUND in the mighty metropolis of Cleveland Ohio.

I kid, I kid, but you know what? Compared to Jameis Winston this rich spoiled and pampered bad behaving problem child from Texas comes across as a God fearing choir boy.

I wish him well. The NFL needs a little injection of new blood into its game and fame.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Ribs this weekend during some NFL action. Maybe Brisket?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n129703 said:
I'm thinking Ribs this weekend during some NFL action. Maybe Brisket?

I've observed blatant hostility and feigned indiference on this Board concerning the topic of Johnny Football. The reason s not hard to fathom. There have been three quarterbacks from the Southeastern Conference that have achieved the Hesiman Trophy, Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton and Tim Tebow. Newton was a polarizing figure but Tebow and Manziel became extremely famous and popular not just in the South but around the country.

In my opinion .....

Manziel's statistical accomplishments and fan mania exceeded even the greatest Gator of all time, Tim Tebow..

Thus the harsh treatment from the Gator Nation that will never pay homage or forgive Johnny Football.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think very many people care about manziel, I know you'd like to envision us somehow not liking him due to some inferiority complex or something but it just isn't the case. To begin with, the best manziel ever did was win a big regular season game against bama. They never won a championship, the SEC or even their own division, and manziel lost at home to UF the one time he had a shot. The biggest bowl game he won was the cotton bowl, not even a BCS game. Manziel was a singular athletic kid who played with individual greatness but was never a real leader in the traditional sense of the word and other than the individual award he recieved, never won anything of significant substance. He also did his team disservices multiple times with his off-field and occasional on-field behavior.

Contrast that with Tebow - aided or led the team to 2 SEC titles and 2 national titles, 3 BCS bowl wins; consistently put his team on his back and willed them to victory. He did his team as big a service on and off the field through his entire 4 years as any player in CFB history. Then there is the simple matter of the character of the person, and I use the word person here instead of man b/c while Tebow is most definitely a man, little johnny is most definitely not, even now. Individual stats for johnny may be better, but the type of player and the type of person these 2 are, are as opposite as night and day. I definitely did enjoy JF making plays in games though, very exciting to watch. Good day.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All i care about is him throwing the ball to Josh Gordon a lot...fantasy football playoffs start this week.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Hopefully for his own sake, he'll learn something from watching RGIII scramble and get whacked...little guys never win, at least for very long. Will
give Cleveland folks some entertainment. I'm also thinking the defense will be ready to squash the Manziel hype

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n129804 said:
All i care about is him throwing the ball to Josh Gordon a lot...fantasy football playoffs start this week.

Fantasy football should be illegal. It's bad.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Alvin York;n129750 said:
I've observed blatant hostility and feigned indiference on this Board concerning the topic of Johnny Football. The reason s not hard to fathom. There have been three quarterbacks from the Southeastern Conference that have achieved the Hesiman Trophy, Johnny Manziel, Cam Newton and Tim Tebow. Newton was a polarizing figure but Tebow and Manziel became extremely famous and popular not just in the South but around the country.

In my opinion .....

Manziel's statistical accomplishments and fan mania exceeded even the greatest Gator of all time, Tim Tebow..

Thus the harsh treatment from the Gator Nation that will never pay homage or forgive Johnny Football.

With all the threads you make not related to UT, You seem to be under the impression that you are a part of this board. You aren't. You are an unwanted wart on our noses. I don't get why Ox lets you hang around. You got your Volunqueer board. Go there and stay there

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Alvin York;n129750 said:

In my opinion .....

Typical York post. No self respecting Gator fan would ever compare Tim to Johnny Football. Tim Tebow's Legacy is cemented for all time, nothing Johnny did or will ever do can change it or come close to comparing. The reasons people show hostility to him has nothing to do with Timmy T, that's laughable. Anything people say or think about JM is brought on by his own self.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
There is a fan mania about Manziel for the WRONG reasons. That is why he will never be able to hold Tebow's jock. Tebow was not only a good football player, but an amazing role model. I remember Tebow for his off field work just as much as his on field performance.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n129814 said:
Fantasy football should be illegal. It's bad.

Damn right.

5s.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n129750 said:

In my opinion .....

Thus the harsh treatment from the Gator Nation that will never pay homage or forgive
Johnny Football.

I don't think....wait, I know.....None of us gives a shat what you think.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually true that Winston has been such a scumbag he's made Manziel not seem nearly so bad after all.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n129802 said:
I dont think very many people care about manziel, I know you'd like to envision us somehow not liking him due to some inferiority complex or something but it just isn't the case. To begin with, the best manziel ever did was win a big regular season game against bama. They never won a championship, the SEC or even their own division, and manziel lost at home to UF the one time he had a shot. The biggest bowl game he won was the cotton bowl, not even a BCS game. Manziel was a singular athletic kid who played with individual greatness but was never a real leader in the traditional sense of the word and other than the individual award he recieved, never won anything of significant substance. He also did his team disservices multiple times with his off-field and occasional on-field behavior.

Contrast that with Tebow - aided or led the team to 2 SEC titles and 2 national titles, 3 BCS bowl wins; consistently put his team on his back and willed them to victory. He did his team as big a service on and off the field through his entire 4 years as any player in CFB history. Then there is the simple matter of the character of the person, and I use the word person here instead of man b/c while Tebow is most definitely a man, little johnny is most definitely not, even now. Individual stats for johnny may be better, but the type of player and the type of person these 2 are, are as opposite as night and day. I definitely did enjoy JF making plays in games though, very exciting to watch. Good day.

Well, what can I say to that excellent critique and retort.

Since you're being rational and objective here's my take on Johnny Football adding my observations along with the analysis of NFL scouts.......

In Islam there is the belief of the Mahdi (the Expected One) who will appear on earth to bring peace and justice to a troubled world. Johnny Manziel is the latest hope and prayer for a segment of NFL owners, coaches and fans to alter the NFL landscape to enable the double threat athletically gifted mobile quarterbacks a theoretically historical paradigm shift. We've seen this all played out from the days of Randall Cunningham, Heath Schuller and Kordell Stewart to Cam Newton, RGIII and Johnny Manziel. As to date this expected quarterback has proven to be a false Mahdi unless Johnny Manziel is going to be exception.

Johnny Manziel in my opinion is another roll of the dice for the New Age quarterback everybody wants to see take over the NFL. He was the most dynamic college quarterback I've ever seen but exploits on the college stage is not a guarantee of success in the NFL as history has proven..

Positives:

Electrifying player that lights up a stadium whenever he has the ball in his hands

Speaking of hands has big hands that can easily grip the ball on the run

Dynamic player that rises to the occasion, the bigger the stage the bigger the performance

Extremely gifted athletically. Displays speed, quickness and a natural Houdini escapability that extends play and increases the odds to make those third downs to move the sticks

Powerful arm that can make all the NFL throws

Confident and relaxed in tense situations

Very competitive, a gamer that is the ultimate play maker that can spontaneously improvise a broken play

A winner that will move heaven and earth to win

Negatives

short and seemingly fragile body type

risks serious injury trying to run against bigger, faster, stronger defensive players in the NFL

Undisciplined. Much too likely to go off the reservation and try to improvise when in the pocket with no open receivers

Never played in a system where he had to read difficult defenses and make his progressions

questionable footwork that is critical for an NFL QB

Never played in an offense that demanded superior pocket presence

Seems prone to scrambling to buy time for receivers and throws up high balls to covered receivers that puts the success of the play on the ability for the receiver to out jump and make a spectacular catch over the defenders

Has not developed a reputation as a worker or for doing the extras in practice preceding the game.

Character issues.
Seems to be more interested in promoting his brand than improving his game. Has a reputation as a party animal that invites the wrong people at the wrong time. Seems to be arrogant, spoiled, egotistical and entitled.

You're going to have to weigh the yin with the yang and see what shakes loose.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n130055 said:
tl dr

You need to get a life off the gator board

And you need to stop clicking on my threads that wound your heart with a monotonous languor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.