Warning: Political Takes Jon Gruden FIRED for decade-old emails

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you know education cures ignorance. I understand and sympathize for the ignorant.
I educate myself about people like you every day, and it's cured a lot of my ignorance.

Do people like you know there's a difference between saying something that could be perceived as racist, and actually BEING a racist? Are you asserting that Jon Gruden IS a racist?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does this mean he will no longer be on the short list to become the UT coach?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's a GREAT agent!

I'm sure that is why he resigned and why this came out. He was a middling coach with a big price tag. The personal conduct policy is very vague. Might have saved the Raiders $60 Million.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I educate myself about people like you every day, and it's cured a lot of my ignorance.

Do people like you know there's a difference between saying something that could be perceived as racist, and actually BEING a racist? Are you asserting that Jon Gruden IS a racist?

The mere act of speaking takes conscious thought, putting together words. Therefore speaking racist tropes means you are a racist. Ox, I'm disappointed in you, I know you know better.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only will they kill his coaching career, he’ll also never be able to return to the booth. In other words, his working life is now over because he said the word “queer” in a private email.

Which I believe is the word the Q in LGBTQ stands for, correct?

So you want to be called a queer until someone calls you a queer?

I got it

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The mere act of speaking takes conscious thought, putting together words. Therefore speaking racist tropes means you are a racist. Ox, I'm disappointed in you, I know you know better.

But....... Gruden isn't being accused of "speaking" those words.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Time to put CUUF on ignore. He costs me IQ points every time I read his blather.

Exactly what I would expect from an only slightly employed academic.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Time to put CUUF on ignore. He costs me IQ points every time I read his blather.

Exactly what I would expect from an only slightly employed academic.

Donk, surely a man of your intellect I would have thought would have been able to see through my blabber and see what I am doing here.

DallasTXGator

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2020
3-2, 8-8, 7-9, 4-12 and no playoff appearances for $10M a year. Even Del Rio had a 12 win playoff year in his 3 years there before Gruden.

The Raiders gladly accepted his resignation, hell they probably were behind the email searches in the first place....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
3-2, 8-8, 7-9, 4-12 and no playoff appearances for $10M a year. Even Del Rio had a 12 win playoff year in his 3 years there before Gruden.

The Raiders gladly accepted his resignation, hell they probably were behind the email searches in the first place....

7 years of emails all on NFL servers... The Raiders former GM, Foreskins former GM, etc... Of course it was

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
With all of this blather you guys have done something constructive. I like the idea of a pussy emoji! I'm sure Donkey would be all for it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you telling me that in your entire life, you have never thought, spoken or written something that someone else could perceive to be racist? Don't tap dance around the answer.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
650,000 e-mails.

And THE GRUDEN ones stood out? From a decade ago? When he was with ESPN?

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
What bothers me most about this is the utter lack of grace in it. I won’t defend what Gruden wrote and he won’t either. At best it’s inappropriate locker room banter.

But there is no longer opportunity for a person to apologize, do penance if necessary, amend and move on.

In high school I made a bad joke about a black friend’s inability to swim. My black friends got mad as hell at me for it. I learned a hard lesson. They knew my heart, forgave me and we remain friends to this day. I don’t make such stupid jokes or comments anymore. I imagine there are hundreds of guys Gruden coached who know his heart and will receive his apologies.

But no. We can’t have that. The neo-puritans, with their pitchforks, condemn thee! Over. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator