Just a reminder

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
House money, boys and girls.

Mac has done a helluva lot with the scraps he was left.

Even if we get prison-raped today, the future is bright!!!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't this belong in the game thread?:scratchchin:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn....i forgot, can you remind me in a few hours?

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Agree. We all were thinking single digit wins for sure this season. Hell, being over .500 would have been a great achievement. Knowing what could have been is what gets us upset but looking back at what this season could have been and then looking forward to some potentially good QB play next year, things are moving in the right direction.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
More amazing is that if not for Grier's screw up we would be thinking NC. That's a helluva an achievement for a team that only in our wildest dreams did we think would get to 10 wins. Go Gators!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's true. I think the team is realistic about it, themselves. But, that being said, these opportunities don't happen often and really could not happen again. We hope it does, of course. So, stay "in the moment", play your guts out, and have no regrets. Go Gators.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
shutterstock-money-house.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thank God when things get down around here we can always count on law to focus on the positive and raise the morale of the entire board.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
More amazing is that if not for Grier's screw up we would be thinking NC. That's a helluva an achievement for a team that only in our wildest dreams did we think would get to 10 wins. Go Gators!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would be undefeated right now if Grier was still the QB. Treon is awful and yet we were a fake FG away from tying LSU late in the game. WR's were open during that entire game and Treon didn't deliver. The exact same thing could be said for the FSU game. FSU is not a good team this year. Cook's stats are inflated by his awful competition. They played two freakin ranked teams, that's it... WR's were once again wide open during the entire FSU game and Taylor had a helluva day. Grier would've torched that FSU defense and they wouldn't have put up those late TD's on us as the defense would have actually still cared in the fourth quarter. If Grier was here we would almost be guaranteed a playoff spot as we would be undefeated today and a close loss to Bama might not have been enough to knock us out of the playoff as our 1 loss resume would be better than everyone, including Oklahoma.

Anyways, I think the problem with this season is how it's going to end. It kinda erases the amazing memories and accomplishments of what happened earlier in the year simply because these bad losses are what are most fresh. However to me the most important thing is the coaching this year. This is the first time since 2009 that WR's are open on almost every play and they rarely drop passes. We just needed a serviceable QB and we would have been fine. The future is very bright. I think if we can get some depth at LB next year and retain some of the secondary we will still be very good on defense. McGee should be the only significant loss on offense next year and perhaps Robinson. The line will improve and I think we will have seen the last of Treon after our bowl game. I trust this staff and I am very pleased with this season and where this program is headed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.