Just a reminder

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's true. You should just pull the trigger. Don't make the pain last.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now gang, let's not make Mac's winning 10 first season to be a plague on following seasons.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I look for around 9-3 next year, provided we have a serviceable QB that doesn't decide they wanna be Arnold Schwarzenegger.
2017 we bring home our 4th NC.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I look for around 9-3 next year, provided we have a serviceable QB that doesn't decide they wanna be Arnold Schwarzenegger.

A serviceable QB will be extremely important since I suspect our D will take a step back when Bullard, VH3 and others enter the draft. Hopefully not a major step back, but we can't expect zero setback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
All I can tell you is that it's Great to be a Florida Gator. We were playing with House Money and lost, so did we really lose? We were expected to win 6-7 games at most; we won the East, beat 11esee, UGLY, and we were in the SECCG till the late hit early in the 3rd. I believe we are 3 players away from winning the NC this year (two OL and a QB) who else would've thought that in April or even September? I hope that we can come up with some Offense for the game against Michigan, but I am excited what we will do next year. Go Gators!!!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
All I can tell you is that it's Great to be a Florida Gator. We were playing with House Money and lost, so did we really lose? We were expected to win 6-7 games at most; we won the East, beat 11esee, UGLY, and we were in the SECCG till the late hit early in the 3rd. I believe we are 3 players away from winning the NC this year (two OL and a QB) who else would've thought that in April or even September? I hope that we can come up with some Offense for the game against Michigan, but I am excited what we will do next year. Go Gators!!!
PAdrq.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else notice that Saturday's game was actually an improvement from the SEC championship in 2009?

Yes the offense will really good in 2017, but I think we have a better chance at a NC next year than in 2017. Reason being is that I think we'll lose a lot of good, experienced defensive players after 2016 and we'll have a season similar to 2007 simply because of all the youth at defense. Hopefully next year will be like 2006. It can be as long as we can get good QB play.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A serviceable QB will be extremely important since I suspect our D will take a step back when Bullard, VH3 and others enter the draft. Hopefully not a major step back, but we can't expect zero setback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree but with Davis coming back and hopefully AA mending for next year we won't step back too far. I'm praying that with even an average QB for the first half of the season and a hopefully more consistent running game we will keep the defense fresher unlike the long stretches of 3 and out's this season....I could see us winning 10 games and maybe more if the chips fall into place.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
What do we need?

I was thinking about making this its own thread but decided against it as I have been "MOD'D" multiple times. We can all agree that this year was special, unexpected by many, and if we had a few more players we could be playing for the NC. With that being said, what positions do we need to shore up for next season to get over the hump and contend for the NC next year? I know we have a few players that will be leaving and some gaps that we already have, but I still think we are close?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What do we need?

I was thinking about making this its own thread but decided against it as I have been "MOD'D" multiple times. We can all agree that this year was special, unexpected by many, and if we had a few more players we could be playing for the NC. With that being said, what positions do we need to shore up for next season to get over the hump and contend for the NC next year? I know we have a few players that will be leaving and some gaps that we already have, but I still think we are close?

That would be every position on the OL. A DT that can be close to as disruptive as Bullard and LB with the leadership ability as Morrison.
I think Brantley can be the guy at tackle, and Davis provide the type of leadership needed for the front. I think we're good on the back end,
but if our starting safeties happen to be Harris and Washington then yikes, we'll get eaten alive in the middle of the field.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What do we need?

We need one or two JUCO O-lineman. At least one being elite. We're starting to get up there in numbers and talent but we need some with experience.

We need Anzalone to stay healthy and we need a QB not named Harris to hold down the fort until Grier comes back.

We need one of the freshman receivers to step up and we need one of these defensive backs to step up at safety.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
we need one of these defensive backs to step up at safety.
Washington and Dawson may give us better coverage back there than we've seen in a while.
We need one of the freshman receivers to step up
Think Swain....jumps through the ceiling and has great hands.
we need a QB not named Harris to hold down the fort until Grier comes back.
I'm glad that were getting Franks and maybe another high rated QB, but I would prefer to see a transfer, Towles or Knight at the reigns to start the season....if they suck then burn somebody's redshirt.......Damn that was painful for me to say:headslap:.
We need Anzalone to stay healthy
Amen to that, hopefully we found more than a body(McMillan) in Rolin.
We need one or two JUCO O-lineman
Yup. Maybe another GT. I know Halter was far from great but we need at least 1 more guy that has played higher level ball than H.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator